World's largest laptop

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Evidently, this was supposedly the world's largest laptop computer, with a 43" screen....

DIY-Biggest-Laptop-5.jpg

But I also found this, which might have been more of a PR stunt....

Titan World.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
the YT page on the screen should tell you something. they are tubers that are pretty much desperate to become famous/viral such that they scattershot videos across dozens of genres/topics/projects trying to tap in to whatever is trending. for a while i was seeing their thumbnail and titles all over the main page and using the hover preview you can confirm they are clickbaity puffed up nothingburgers tailored to game the algorithm to try and draw you in and be 'enchanted by their bubbly personality, quirky foibles, and non offensive humor'

is this a laptop or just a custom pc in a goofy format and diy shell? can you buy it from any store?

Reactions: dr1337 and Pohemi
Feb 15, 2024
I think that the "worlds biggest smth" usually means that it's not for sale in the closest shop. It's more of a custom made thing, therefore you can just make an PC in a custom closable case, attach a keyboard to it and you will get the biggest Laptop ever. But the biggest won't mean the most powerful one because there are already normal size laptops that are quite powerful, so looking at this from a rational point of view it's nonsens.
And of course I understand that those pictures are fake.

Jul 27, 2020
I bet I could get a carpenter to design a nice, relatively lightweight wooden portable shell for a mini-ITX desktop CPU platform that could smoke the most powerful laptop out there costing three times or even more.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Keyboard so large, you type with your fists! lol...
That's the biggest giveaway of it being phony IMO. If it had a normal size KB and trackpad, it might've been a bit more believable as a usable device.

I bet I could get a carpenter to design a nice, relatively lightweight wooden portable shell for a mini-ITX desktop CPU platform that could smoke the most powerful laptop out there costing three times or even more.

Yeah, or even a CNC'd alloy frame from a metal fab shop. With wood, I'd be concerned with risk of splitting/splintering over time, if the wood wasn't sealed/coated. Seems like a do-able idea though if you were motivated enough to put in the effort.

Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
Seems like a do-able idea though if you were motivated enough to put in the effort.
I'm motivated as heck but lack the funds and also don't know a carpenter who wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg for designing something custom like that.

But seriously if money were no object, my portable wooden laptop would have hidden wheels. I would call it Max and it would be programmed to get up when the lid was closed and follow me around and if the battery is running low, it would plug itself into the nearest outlet like a Star Wars droid. But no beeps boops from it. It would update me through Whatsapp messages. I don't want a robot annoying me with its voice, even if it's a sexy voice saying "I'm charged and ready to play!".

• Haha

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm motivated as heck but lack the funds and also don't know a carpenter who wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg for designing something custom like that.

But seriously if money were no object, my portable wooden laptop would have hidden wheels. I would call it Max and it would be programmed to get up when the lid was closed and follow me around and if the battery is running low, it would plug itself into the nearest outlet like a Star Wars droid. But no beeps boops from it. It would update me through Whatsapp messages. I don't want a robot annoying me with its voice, even if it's a sexy voice saying "I'm charged and ready to play!".
Build an R2D2 clone with a projector!

Jul 27, 2020
I hate that people in Star Wars pretend to understand what R2D2 or any frickin' beeping droid means to say with their noises.

• Haha

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I did watch a lot of Lassie reruns as a kid, but I think I'm remembering some sort of over the top spoof on SNL or something like that.