World of Warcraft - A noob's 1st impression

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: Xavier434
:thumbsup:

It kind of reminds me of the arguments against pot being considered a gateway drug. Some assumed that if you started with pot, you'd always go for something harder. Yet I bet these same that denounce the gateway drug idea would assume that dabbling in WoW means you will always become an "addict" to the game.

Originally posted by: Dacalo
To OP: WoW doesn't pick up until around level 20.

I don't know about you, but when I first started playing, I had fun since level 1! Seeing all these things, sneaking around like teh ubar ninjaz... oh man, it was so much fun.

Meh...To me alcohol is the gateway drug to anything and everything you wouldn't do if you weren't drunk. Pot just made me lazy and want to eat. I certainly never wanted to drop my inhibitions when I smoked pot and do something completely stupid unlike alcohol.

Aside from the whole drinking and driving thing, the only two problems I ever notice when it comes to alcohol are those people who just don't know when to cut themselves off for the night and end up doing dumb crap because of it or those who rely on drinking as a crutch when it comes to their routine stress relief. Pot is very much the same way although I admit that I see people do far less dumb crap when they are too high as opposed to being too drunk. I guess you could say that the solution for both of these things is just like most solutions. Moderation.