World of Batcrap: "Millions of illegal votes in 2016" - ~Half of Republicans

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
That happens when you assault the idea of voter ID.

The narrative from Fox is to promote that you must be supporting something shady. And so if they think you put in the effort, you're also clearly following through and achieving the end result you are suspected of. Truth be told, Democrats have also begun to let illegals vote in local elections. So in the minds of Republican voters that must translate to all elections.

They are happy with the dots they have connected.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That happens when you assault the idea of voter ID.

The narrative from Fox is to promote that you must be supporting something shady. And so if they think you put in the effort, you're also clearly following through and achieving the end result you are suspected of. Truth be told, Democrats have also begun to let illegals vote in local elections. So in the minds of Republican voters that must translate to all elections.

They are happy with the dots they have connected.

You are once again blaming Democrats for Republicans believing insane things. It is the Republicans’ fault and theirs alone that they continue to perpetuate the lies in favor of voter ID laws. There is no other way to put it. They are bald faced lies as there is no rational, evidence based argument for voter ID to prevent fraudulent voting.

As for your opinion piece his statement that there are no meaningful safeguards against non citizens registering to vote is another bald faced lie. Either that opinion columnist is massively ignorant or he is deliberately attempting to deceive his audience. Either way he should be ignored and potentially fired by that paper if it’s found to be willful.

Reactions: dank69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You are once again blaming Democrats for Republicans believing insane things.

Per this topic, I have done no such thing.

Democrats have taken positions on certain issues. Both opposing voter ID and trying to be lax with local elections. Those are real and factual pieces of information. Dots. I am telling how how Republicans have connected those dots to use in their narrative. I have given you context for why, the reason why things are.

I imagined you'd be interested in learning how they wrote their narrative, and that would only come from someone who has insight. Having been exposed to their narratives for years, I have a pretty good idea of what motivates them and how their "world" is constructed.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Per this topic, I have done no such thing.

Democrats have taken positions on certain issues. Both opposing voter ID and trying to be lax with local elections. Those are real and factual pieces of information. Dots. I am telling how how Republicans have connected those dots to use in their narrative. I have given you context for why, the reason why things are. I imagined you'd be interested in learning that, and it'd only come from someone who has insight. Having been exposed to their narratives for years, I have a pretty good idea of what motivates them and how their "world" is constructed.

Right so the problem is Republicans believing insane things, not Democrats opposing those insane things. We both agree that insane and pointless laws should be opposed, right? If so then Democrats would have no choice but to oppose them regardless of what Republicans think.

The issue is the mental illness of conservatives in America. We need to treat that, not indulge it.

Reactions: dank69

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Right so the problem is Republicans believing insane things, not Democrats opposing those insane things. We both agree that insane and pointless laws should be opposed, right? If so then Democrats would have no choice but to oppose them regardless of what Republicans think.

The issue is the mental illness of conservatives in America. We need to treat that, not indulge it.

Seems like since at least the 70s America's greatest pastime is creating useless laws. Now that I think about it more, it has to go back to at least the prohibition of Marijuana in the early 1900s. It really took off after prohibition.

The US is mostly comprised of sanctimonious and authoritarian protestants who would like nothing better than to legislate every last minute of every citizens life down to whether they drink skim milk or whole.

There are parts of the country (namely California and New York) where this mentality is not pervasive but that is mostly due to the anglo-saxon protestants being replaced by more moderate immigrants.

The problem is Americans.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010

No they have not. The local government (which happens to be majority Democrat but represents everyone in SF) are allowing non-citizens to vote in school board elections. Which yes is a "local election", but not all as you're implying. They still can't vote for major or county level reps. Everyone living in an area send their kids to the school so whether they are citizens or not (or arguably whether they are legal or not) shouldn't really matter. I'm not a citizen but I still pay $10k+ a year in state and local taxes yet can't vote in any way how that money should be spent. I don't complain to much since I could solve it by becoming a citizen or leaving, but it is a pretty stupid and arbitrary system.