World exclusive: Iran will send 4,000 troops to aid Bashar al-Assad’s forces in Syria

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
The administration is worried about the civil war spilling over the borders of Syria or engulfing the region in a regional conflict. Then we go about creating the situation that spills it over the borders and turns it into a regional conflict derp. The stupidity from this administration over Syria is simply amazing. And that isn't even getting into we are supporting radical jihadists with taxpayers money. Some of them are affiliated with AQ for fucks sake.

What makes you think the administration is worried about this? I thought the white house was worried more about the anti-zimmerman rallies fizzling out. Hell if people get a whiff that there is actually serious shit going on in the world the administration might have to explain taking vacations while a large number of government contractors get furloughed.

I think Syria and the middle east are barely a blip on the obama radar.

OGOC

Jun 14, 2013
Couldnt agree more. Sure our oil prices would shoot up by a huge margin but after a few years the dust will settle and with any luck maybe every person there is just wiped out and the land is barren and can be populated with decent people. If not then surely someone will come into power after erradicating the others and atleast the region will be stable.
If the U.S. needs oil, it can just invade Australia.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Within the original post of your (bolded) you claim that Israeli attacks are ineffective.
Why are you stating such and with what background to justify it.

Your links indicate Israeli attacks that destroy munitions bound for Hezbollah from Syria or Russian munitions delivered to Syria

I actually typed up a response, but in the end it doesn't matter. We can do the song and dance, or we can just be honest. I think it's safe to say we are both on the same page as far as Israeli's interest and what's going on. Israel wants the rebels to win, and will do anything to make sure that will happen, either by it's anonymous submarine attacks, or having the USA step in with arms and aid for Rebels.

What would the USA have to gain for supporting the destruction of Syria? To appease Israel, nothing more and nothing less. With Jewish control of Washington, it's no surprise to me why we support the terrorist rebels.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I actually typed up a response, but in the end it doesn't matter. We can do the song and dance, or we can just be honest. I think it's safe to say we are both on the same page as far as Israeli's interest and what's going on. Israel wants the rebels to win, and will do anything to make sure that will happen, either by it's anonymous submarine attacks, or having the USA step in with arms and aid for Rebels.

What would the USA have to gain for supporting the destruction of Syria? To appease Israel, nothing more and nothing less. With Jewish control of Washington, it's no surprise to me why we support the terrorist rebels.

Why would Israel want the (AQ) rebels to win?

Honest question, btw.

Fern

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Why would Israel want the (AQ) rebels to win?

Honest question, btw.

Fern

They are hoping Iran gets involved and we are pulled into a war with both Syria and Iran. It's a win/win for Israel but a big fucking loss for America.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I dont see the problem. Let them fight we should encourage this. Embroil whole region in Civil War.

Why?

1) makes them poorer so they sell cheap oil to us and break opec backbone, thats good for West economy. Those who say oil shoots up are dead wrong. Oil was cheap as hell when Iran Iraq war was raging. Like 10-12$ a barrel. Wars cost money oil is all they and most important their allies have to sell. They dump oil.

Reagan was smart to arm both sides.

2) Turns fundis out over there on battle field instead on USA and our allies

3) Weakens Dar Islam. Make no mistake the West is at war culturally with Islam. More they kill each other various secs better off we are. The more they relise no God will save them and make them rich more secular they get better off we are.

Last edited: