Workout Questions

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I'm 5 ' 11" and i weigh 145 pounds. I am excellent shape except that my butt kinda sticks out. I run 4 miles everyday and burn about 700 calories, but it has no effect on my butt. Is there any way i can slim down my butt quickly and effectively? I no i cannot spot reduce fat, but if there are any excercises that help lose the fat on the butt i would greatly appreciate it.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Have you tried the standard butt exercises like squats, reverse leg lifts, lunges, stair-climber?

I had the opposite of your problem--too flat an ass--even though I worked out a good amount...It wasn't until I started hitting up the stair climber and the precor (things I'd previously thought too gerbil for a man to use) that I really started seeing results ;)

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
If you do squats, about 3 sets of 15+ reps, and roman dead lifts (stand a couple inches off the ground, back straight, knees almost locked [but not locked], bend at the hips to pick up a bar, bring it up [feel it in your hams and glutes] and repeat) that'll help.

Other good stuff is swimming, stairmastering, etc.

Oh, great workout is running and kicking your knees up as high as you can (high-stepping)