Question Working on PSU cables with PSU Power switch on cause damage ?

Noobpcbuilder2020

May 8, 2020
Reconnect , connect or check cable conections ,internal cable connections like 24 pin cable.or others ,with PSU switch on but PC powered off can cause any issue to the computer ? in my case I was only pushing the 24 pin cable to make sure the connection was good , I think was good anyway . the problem was that the power switch was on and power cord connected . The computer was turned off

the pc is working , even did a stress test of 1 hour ... I am afraid to have done any damage anyway

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Nah... I mean, the +5VSB rail was live that whole time. So it's not a good idea. But if you damaged something, you'd know it by now. :D

Noobpcbuilder2020

May 8, 2020
Nah... I mean, the +5VSB rail was live that whole time. So it's not a good idea. But if you damaged something, you'd know it by now. :D
Yes it was :( , if is that the only power that remains with the switch on , I justed pushed the 24 pin cable to be sure was well connected , so I did not actually connected or disconnected anything , at least I think so if was really well connected .
Hope didin't damage anything in the process . It's running for 6H today.

ASK THE COMMUNITY