work dress code

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
I see this being a geographically driven item. The northeast is going to often be more formal about dress code where as the south or western united states would probably be more receptive of a casual dress code.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
I see this being a geographically driven item. The northeast is going to often be more formal about dress code where as the south or western united states would probably be more receptive of a casual dress code.

it also has a lot to do with the kind of work you do and who you interact with on a regular basis...

for example, i bet your dress code at the strip club is completely different from your regular job and they're prolly in the same area too...

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
telco with 17000 emp.

as long as you don't come naked, it's all good (if you don't deal with clients)

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
As long as there aren't meetings to attend and you keep it reasonably sensable there are no real requirements. Shorts and t-shirts are ok (although I never wear them). Most meetings only require a polo and dress slacks. Only about 1-2 times a year do I have to wear a tie. I shave 1-2 times a week

Edit: Employer: Major University Architectural&Engineering Department

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
No dress codes at my workplace. People run around barefoot all the time. Some of the girls wear PJ to work. No rules on tank tops or piercings. Maybe the only issue we have is that you can't wear heavy perfumes or cologne, but we only had that problem once.

Although when i know i'll be interacting with the public, or handling applicants for testing, then i'll dress appropriately. Otherwise, its sweats for me.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: franguinho
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

it also has a lot to do with the kind of work you do and who you interact with on a regular basis...

for example, i bet your dress code at the strip club is completely different from your regular job and they're prolly in the same area too...

haha....indeed.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I'm a former corporate lackey, so even though I now am my own boss I still wear dress clothing to the office.