woot?!? Bruce Almighty 2: Evan Almighty?????

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413099/

The last time we saw Evan Baxter (Steve Carell), he was being tormented by rival Bruce Nolan onscreen, live from their Buffalo TV station. But as time passed and Evan has made up with Bruce, he's gone onto bigger and better things. Newly elected to Washington D.C. as a congressman, Evan has left Buffalo, New York in pursuit of a greater calling. But that calling isn't serving in the illustrious ranks of America's politics, but being summoned by the Almighty himself (Morgan Freeman), who has handed Evan the task of building a new ark, much as Noah did before. With time passing by and his family belittled by Evan's newfound realization, Evan will have to do the work that God has given him in what promises to be an unusual adventure for a man who just wanted to serve his country, might actually be serving humanity.

trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/ri/TRAILERS_HPSM3/M...413099/trailers-screenplay-E30140-10-2

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I heard they sunk a lot of money into this one, hope it's good. Steve Carell is great.

toekramp

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2001
my friend got to work on that movie in both DC and charlottesville :) not that that really adds anything to the thread :p

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
The fact that Jim Carrey turned down the script makes me wonder how bad this sequal will be. Mark my words it will be bad.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
I can wait until when this movie is on HBO or Star in a year or so....

I woke up and realized about 3 years ago that I can buy several new movies each month rather than pay for HBO, Stars, etc., and I come out way ahead in the long run.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
The fact that Jim Carrey turned down the script makes me wonder how bad this sequal will be. Mark my words it will be bad.

uh oh :(

i thought he was great in bruce almighty... a great movie overall, in fact :)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
i really liked Bruce Almighty, but i have a bad feeling that a good sequel would actually need real divine intervention for it to be worth watching.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

You say that like Jim Carrey is some kind of acting god.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: tfinch2

You say that like Jim Carrey is some kind of acting god.

Nope I say it like Jim Carrey usually does horrible movies that I do not like. Read it again.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I guess Hollywood just wants to use Steve Carell while he's still worth something. I'm not going anywhere near this movie, it sounds like yet another poorly conceived sequel.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

ding ding.. was wondering why Jim Carrey wasnt anywhere near Bruce 2 when it was announced