Woosa, Explorer fails to initialize properly!

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Hey there guys,

For some reason Windows Explorer had a fatal error and I had to reboot. Ever since then I haven't been able to boot up properly.

First the Config\Default registry became corrupted (I dealt with that myself)... and I couldn't get into windows.

Finally, with that problem solved, I got into windows and the second I log on Explorer crashes because it didn't initialize properly!!

The messages says ' This program failed to initialize properly (OxCOOOOOO6), click OK to terminate '

Any help folks?

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
well, if it's windows xp or windows2000, just put in your OS disc, boot from the cd, when first asked if you want to run a repair, just hit ESC or whatever. After that, it should scan for installed OS' and find your installed OS. hit "R" to run the repair. all your applications and settings will remain unchanged. it'll just reinstall all your system files and this and that. i can only assume you tried running a chkdsk already, so you can try the repair.

Lmronby

Jun 21, 2000
Are you overclocking? I get similar probs when I have something running too fast. Back off the speed and Windows is a little happier.