Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Funny the concern what Miley did by barely overstepping his bounds vs everything their orange monkey leader has done
I haven't seen any evidence that Milley overstepped his bounds. I think it is worth having Congress look into it though.

Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Simply preventing a president clearly off his rocker about losing an election from launching a nuke. That is a coup to these insane and evil GQP'ers. Because Trump launching a nuke for no other reason than he lost the election would have been the right thing to let a guy do.

These people are straight up filth.

Jul 9, 2009
This is as good as it gets here in ATTP&N. Clear, cold evidence of traitorous behavior by Gen. Milley gets cheered. I love you guys.

• Haha

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is as good as it gets here in ATTP&N. Clear, cold evidence of traitorous behavior by Gen. Milley gets cheered. I love you guys.
Imagine. Being such a piece of shit like you that thinks letting a president set off a nuke for no reason than he is salty for losing an election is actually the patriotic move.

You make pieces of shit seem personable, rational and normal by comparison

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
brandonbull is useful in that he is a regular reminder of how fucking evil and dishonest the right is. that they will never change and they are truly the enemy of western values, decency and freedom.

the basket of deplorables is not only massive, they are irredeemable as they constantly remind us.
Never interrupt your enemy while he destroys himself.

Reactions: Leeea
Jul 9, 2009
The best thing about your post is you think your snarkiness matters. Fuck off traitor!
and why would I be a traitor?

Just curious what you could possibly think is traitorous behavior on my part when you allow a serving General to make a secret heads up calls to our nations chief adversary and hide it from his Commander in Chief?

Jul 9, 2009
Even Vindman calls this out.

""If this is true GEN Milley must resign," Vindman tweeted. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that."

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

""If this is true GEN Milley must resign," Vindman tweeted. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that."

Crickets.................................

• Haha

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Weird this topic brings out the trolls. Like how are we hypocritical for not holding Miley accountable for his actions by acting responsibly by blocking the orange baby from starting a war?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Now you give a shit what Vindman says? LMAO fuck off

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
So we have a General admitted that he had implemented a coup. The same General that had zero clues that the Tallyban was going to overrun Afghanistan in a matter of days? The same General that failed to prevent hundreds of thousands of weapons and other military hardware to now be the property of the Tallyban?
You call Milley doing his job, protecting the country and it's citizens from Trump, who took his oath seriously to protect us against all enemies, foreign and domestic, a coup? Talk about being a walking talking idiot.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Because you are ok with Trump attempting to stage a coup by subverting a free and fair election your standing to comment on anything Milley did is ZERO. Why? Because you have proven not to give a shit so don't pretend now.

BTW - I recall you failed to stand up for Vindman during Trump's impeachment so you don't get to pull his name out now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So we have a General admitted that he had implemented a coup. The same General that had zero clues that the Tallyban was going to overrun Afghanistan in a matter of days? The same General that failed to prevent hundreds of thousands of weapons and other military hardware to now be the property of the Tallyban?
You've always been fine with attempted coups so why does your opinion matter now??
Since Milley never had to stop Trump from starting a war technically there was no coup. Will Milley have to face some sort of punishment for what he did? Perhaps So let's have public hearings with everyone under oath so we know exactly what happened.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Another tidbit for team treason to put their little hissy fits into perspective.

If you exceed the speed limit to get someone to the hospital because they are having a heart attack it is highly unlikely police will issue a speeding ticket.

Now you guys can go back to crying and stomping because Milley saved the country. Your reaction is the same as pretending to care about racism only when some white girl hit Larry Elder with a raw egg.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I don't disagree with his sentiment, but I do think a full accounting of his actions are necessary esp. to ensure we do continue to have civilian control of the military no matter how righteous the actions. And I'm sure he would agree.
You do know that civilians do not run the military??

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
brandonbull is useful in that he is a regular reminder of how fucking evil and dishonest the right is. that they will never change and they are truly the enemy of western values, decency and freedom.

the basket of deplorables is not only massive, they are irredeemable as they constantly remind us.
Hillary Clinton was right when she called Trump supporters."basket of deplorables"

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Milley may have usurped the chain of command in his effort to save the nation from a raging scared shitless unpredictable incompetent POTUS willing to do anything, repeat ANYTHING to hold on to that litigious-proof bomb shelter he runs his crime-riddled operation out of. However, he is without doubt standing on a very high hill that speaks to his moral and ethical fortitude. He put the survival of the nation over his own personal welfare. It was the logical righteous thing to do under the actual real time circumstances he found himself in. He knew Pence wouldn't do a thing about stopping Trump from doing something everyone knew he was capable of so Pelosi, being next in of succession was the logical person to see.

Ironically so, Vindman stood on such high moral ground when he spoke truth to power and it seems he is demanding for Milley to suffer the same consequences he experienced yet under very different circumstances that may result in a very different outcome due to Milley's position and capabilities at his level of command.

edit - grammar

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Ah man so close to a worldwide war I was sort of hoping would happen. To have my hopes cut short like that looking back to January with the revelations of this news story. Since he won the 2016 election I've wondered if he would get us into a war and I secretly thought it would be interesting to see a global nuclear war started by him.

My reasoning for that is if the war happened it would show how wrong conservatives are for getting the world mostly destroyed. So it would be a I told you so thing. See the earth is all destroyed now and it's the Republicans' fault. Sort of like having billions of people die to prove a political opinion. And it's just an opinion from me, it's not like I have any ability to get a war started.

And yeah the results of a global war would mean I'd probably be dead or if I survived I would be destitute having lost all funds my family had built up over the years in failed or destroyed financial systems. Not to mention suffering from some form of radiation poisoning. Same with almost everyone else.

Well I wonder if that was an amusing three or four paragraphs for anyone but I still secretly believe most of it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I kinda gave up on these tell-all books especially books describing the true trump Whitehouse. I mean, these books come and go and Trump simply denies everything and that's about it...

I like the Richard Nixon approach where we had actual audio tapes to go by. Imagine an audio tape with Donald Trump demanding the nuclear codes so he could nuke China. Now THAT would be a tape worth listening to.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You refuse to respond to responses breaking this move down. Because you are a typical Trumpie piece of filth. Appreciate you reminding us how evil you people are.

I don't recall refusing to respond to anything.

I don't care much for the authors of this "book".

Bob Woodward and national political reporter Robert Costa. IMO who knows how much truth is actually in it.

What do you make of Vindman's comment?

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign," Vindman tweeted. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that."

Milleys Phone Calls:

"General Li, I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be OK," Milley told him during the first call, the book said. "We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you."

"Gen. Li, you and I have known each other for now five years. If we're going to attack, I'm going to call you ahead of time," Milley added, as reported by the book, "Peril," which is set to be released next week. "It's not going to be a surprise."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z