WOO HOO!! Verizon will now offer AOL Instant Messenger on their phones!!

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I thought Microsoft and Verizon just cut a deal for the MSN stuff. Doesn't seem like Microsoft would allow this with a client.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
How many messages does it allow you to send? Unless it's unlimited it's kind of expensive if you have to pay for each message sent. I know AT&T already has this but they give you like 100 messages for 3 bucks or something and you have to pay for more.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: LuNoTiCK
Seems like it would be a pain to type all those messages.

Exactly. I've got both AIM and Verizon, but there's no way in hell I'd be stupid enough to sit there and go "click... click click.... ....click......click" when I could press a button, say their name, and have the phone automaticaly call them so I can talk real-time.

nik

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
It has been available on Powertel/VoiceStream since I switched almost a year ago, although I have never used it.

BTW, VoiceStream service rocks.

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
Oh god now were gonna have dumbsh!ts IMing on the roads now, I guess I just thought people talking on cells while driving was bad.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoMadHatter
why do you need AIM on your cell phone?

For times when a person is on their phone on the net and you need to get in contact with them..

Also, I have a whole lot more people on my buddy list then stored in my phone. Never know when you are going to need to contact someone.