Wonder when Paramagnetic paint will be on the market...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bartman39, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Bartman39

Bartman39 Super Moderator<br>Elite Member<br>For Sale/Trade<
    Super Moderator

2. Sluggo

Sluggo Lifer

Whenever I watched Johnny Dangerously years ago, I always wondered why cars didn't have paint similar to shelf paper that you could just peel off and replace.

Fargin' Iceholes :)

3. JulesMaximus

JulesMaximus No Lifer

*** that. Nothing is more lame than some douche bag advertising their business all over their car and I'm sure as hell not going to plaster my car with advertisements. I have zero bumper stickers on my car and one tiny Campagnolo decal on my roof rack.

4. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak Platinum Member

"That wasn't me officer, you're looking for a red car, mine is blue."

Also, I have yet to see actual photos. The first generation of this will probably look like crap. Remember the first prismatic paint? 90&#37; of the vehicle looks a muddy, ugly, brown, and you catch one little section moving across the car as it drives by that's a normal color.

#4 IcePickFreak, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  5. speedy2

speedy2 Golden Member

If this is an OEM paint, I can just imagine what the insurance companies will want to charge for collision coverage. lol

6. PottedMeat

PottedMeat Lifer

I would imagine the cheapest would be an entire car a single shiftable color. As for advertising, you'd need an extremely expensive and large electrode array, something like a flexible bendable LCD.

7. Tristicus

Tristicus Diamond Member

Awwwhhh, you mad bro?

I think I'll put some Dr. Pepper emblems all over my car and sit it in front of your house.

8. Bartman39

Bartman39 Super Moderator<br>Elite Member<br>For Sale/Trade<
    Super Moderator

Jules... What I meant was for trucks and such not private auto`s... I agree with ya I hate almost anything except a nice clean single color paint job... I want to remove the Dmax & HD2500 badges from my truck but a bit worried the paint might come off with them but might try it with a heat gun...? Would even remove the trim molding but then would have to part in BFE so idiots would`nt ding the heck out of it...

PottedMeatI would imagine the cheapest would be an entire car a single shiftable color. As for advertising, you'd need an extremely expensive and large electrode array, something like a flexible bendable LCD.

PottedMeat... That is already a reality its just a fixed color but very cool...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-948&va=Chameleon+paint

9. IcePickFreak

IcePickFreak Platinum Member

Heat gun and fishing line. Then use some goo gone to clean up the residue. Do it before a wash/wax though as you'll strip any wax off the area.