Women Dreaming of Sex More Often

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
A new study says women are either having more sexual dreams than they were 40 years ago, or have just become more comfortable admitting to them.

The Universite de Montreal study focused on more than 3,500 home dream reports from both men and women. The results showed the both men and women dream of sex about 8 percent of the time.

Sexual intercourse was the most common type of sexual dream content, followed by sexual propositions, kissing, fantasies and masturbation.

The percentage of women dreaming of sex is considerably higher than it was 40 years ago, which led researchers to believe that females are either dreaming of sex more often than they were in the past or are now comfortable reporting such dreams because of changing social roles and attitudes.

Although men and women are dreaming of sex in equal proportions, the type of sexual dreams experienced by the two genders often differs, according to the findings presented Thursday at SLEEP 2007, the 21st annual meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies (APSS).

The study found that both men and women reported experiencing an orgasm in about 4 percent of their sexual dreams. Orgasms were described as being experienced by another dream character in 4 percent of the women's sexual dreams, but in none of the men?s dreams.

Women identified current or past lovers in 20 percent of their sexual dreams, compared to 14 percent of the men?s dreams. Public figures were twice as likely to be the object of women?s sexual dreams than in men?s, while men were twice as likely to dream of multiple partners, according to the findings.

"Observed gender differences may be indicative of different waking needs, experiences, desires and attitudes with respect to sexuality," said the study?s author Antonio Zadra, PhD, of the Universite de Montreal, in a press release. "This is consistent with the continuity hypothesis of dreaming which postulates that the content of everyday dreams reflects the dreamer's waking states and concerns.?

Article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282533,00.html

Another article saying pretty much the same thing: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories...ebmd/main2929284.shtml

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
been sitting here thinking since posting this thread...and i think the 8% is a bit high. i've only had maybe 3 dreams total where i woke up thinking "whoa...what was THAAAAAAT all about?" :D and like the article states that public figures were twice as likely to be the object of women's sexual dreams--didn't happen in my case.

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: Xstatic1
"whoa...what was THAAAAAAT all about?" :D and like the article states that public figures were twice as likely to be the object of women's sexual dreams--didn't happen in my case.

I think "Ah, another good night's rest (yawn)"

I can't recall having a dream about any public figures though.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
i think the % should be higher for guys, more like 15-20%. for women, i still think the 8% is high, but that's just me. the only thing i can possibly think is that women have sex/lust on their minds before they actually fall asleep, hence 8% of their dreams is about that.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
"whoa...what was THAAAAAAT all about?" :D and like the article states that public figures were twice as likely to be the object of women's sexual dreams--didn't happen in my case.

I think "Ah, another good night's rest (yawn)"

wow, just another every night occurrence, huh? after i woke up from each of the 3 dreams, i was kinda embarrassed...but in a good way. :D

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
Wait, is this real dreams, or day dreams? because that's a completely different story...

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
Originally posted by: BrownTown
My number is about 80% and thats no exaggeration at all.

now there's an honest guy!!! :)

Originally posted by: theman
Wait, is this real dreams, or day dreams? because that's a completely different story...

hmmm, real "night" dreams. i would guess that day dreams would be a high % for both genders. :D

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

What do I count as? I don't recall ever having a dream that was sexual in nature. If there are any people in my dreams at all, they're trying to kill me.
:eek:

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Jeff7

What do I count as? I don't recall ever having a dream that was sexual in nature. If there are any people in my dreams at all, they're trying to kill me.
:eek:

hmmm, ppl trying to kill u can't be good, unless....never mind.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Well I can agree with that... Ive had maybe 3 to 4 "erotic" dreams during my whole life... I just dont dream about that stuff for some reason

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself
Well I can agree with that... Ive had maybe 3 to 4 "erotic" dreams during my whole life... I just dont dream about that stuff for some reason

Same here. No sex in my dreams.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself

Same here. I usually dream about really ridiculous stuff. I dream more that I'm some kind of superhero/jack bauer than anything else really. haha I'm so lame.