Woman whose false accusation of rape had a man murdered only gets 5 years in jail.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Baloo
Considering the man that actually did the killing got no charges against him and will serve no time at all while the women who merely lied get's five years, yeah, clearly the court discrimated against the man.

You will need a sarcasm meter to read this.

Agreed. The husband should be serving 10 years, at least.

For what? He thought his wife was being raped. What was he supposed to do, grab a camera and some popcorn?

He Murdered someone.

Luckily for him, and every other man that would defend his family, the world is not as black and white as you make it out to be.

What would you do if someone was raping your wife?

Edit - BTW - that's not murder.

You don't think that the guy would stop "Raping" simply by the threat of having a Gun pointed at him?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

You don't think that the guy would stop "Raping" simply by the threat of having a Gun pointed at him?

Like I said, it's a good thing that the world is not as black and white as you make it out to be. How about you answer my question? I'll put you in the exact situation that this guy was in.

If you see your wife in a truck with some stranger, she screams rape, and he starts to drive off with your wife, what would you do? You don't have time to think in situations like that, that is why you are given some leeway wrt your actions.

Since you are ready to convict a guy without knowing anything about what actually happened, here is some more info.

"When I heard my wife scream rape and I saw (LaSalle) trying to drive off from the scene, I had no choice but to do what I did," Darrell Roberson said. "If I had to do it over, I'd do it again."

He initially was arrested, but a grand jury declined to indict him and later indicted his wife instead. Tracy Roberson was sentenced Monday to five years in prison for involuntary manslaughter.

Link

But hey, maybe you know more from skimming over a post on a message board than the grand jury that heard the whole story and refused to even indict the guy. So what exactly would you have done in this guys situation?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Like I said, it's a good thing that the world is not as black and white as you make it out to be. How about you answer my question? I'll put you in the exact situation that this guy was in.

If you see your wife in a truck with some stranger, she screams rape, and he starts to drive off with your wife, what would you do? You don't have time to think in situations like that, that is why you are given some leeway wrt your actions.

Since you are ready to convict a guy without knowing anything about what actually happened, here is some more info.

"When I heard my wife scream rape and I saw (LaSalle) trying to drive off from the scene, I had no choice but to do what I did," Darrell Roberson said. "If I had to do it over, I'd do it again."

He initially was arrested, but a grand jury declined to indict him and later indicted his wife instead. Tracy Roberson was sentenced Monday to five years in prison for involuntary manslaughter.

Link

But hey, maybe you know more from skimming over a post on a message board than the grand jury that heard the whole story and refused to even indict the guy. So what exactly would you have done in this guys situation?

Ah ok, didn't realize the guy was driving off. I would try shooting out a tire and/or calling the Cops, although I could imagine possible situations where that might not be an option..

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Ah ok, didn't realize the guy was driving off. I would try shooting out a tire and/or calling the Cops, although I could imagine possible situations where that might not be an option..

Personally, the only thing that I would be thinking about would be getting my wife to safety, the only sure fire way to do that (pardon the pun) would be to shoot the guy. I'm not going to take a chance with shooting out a tire and hoping that stops him, or calling the cops and hoping they get there in time.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Linux23
I say eye for an eye. Fry that lying B!tch.:|

You REALLY don't get what an eye for an eye means, do you twat?

An eye for an eye in this case would mean that her husband was cheating and she shot the woman driving away with her husband.

Now if you still don't get it (which i am sure you won't) then maybe, just maybe, you should try learning more about an issue before you condemn them.

Jun 26, 2007

Link

Have you ever tried to shoot a tire out with a hand gun while it was driving off? It's not like in the movies, while the suspension and shit keeps the driver pretty much still the tire is impossible to hit with a hand gun unless it's an airfield like road, completely flat without any bumps.

I would have shot the man trying to drive of with my wife and if you had a gun in your hand and this was the situation, so would you.