Woman Who Gets Waferless KitKat Demands Lifetime Supply

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
If anything this is a bonus as the wafer is simply a waste of space where more chocolate could be.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
She exploited an opportunity to get publicity in her field. Kind of funny and may be good for her career. Gotta like the bravado of youth :)

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
She exploited an opportunity to get publicity in her field. Kind of funny and may be good for her career. Gotta like the bravado of youth :)

You think so? If I knew a potential attorney attempted a stunt like this I wouldn't hire them. Especially when she's making these statements against Nestle with poor English.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
People are getting hilariously worked up over this. There's nothing in the article to say that she's wanting or planning to sue the company, she simply sent in a letter of complaint and it's entirely up to Nestle in how they choose to respond. I suspect she'll get a voucher to buy a single KitKat and that'll be it.

It's about as menacing as the girl who wrote to Sainsburys saying that their tiger bread should be called giraffe bread because the pattern is more like a giraffe's. Sainsburys responded by changing the product name and published the letter because they thought it was amusing.

She is Muslim. Are you still shocked?

Yes Remobz, I'm sure it's the latest Islamic plot. Their chief weapon is fear, fear and surprise... Their two chief weapons are fear and surprise and a fanatical devotion to making absurd demands of confectioners...

Last edited:

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Yes Remobz, I'm sure it's the latest Islamic plot. Their chief weapon is fear, fear and surprise... Their two chief weapons are fear and surprise and a fanatical devotion to making absurd demands of confectioners...

But nobody expects it.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You think so? If I knew a potential attorney attempted a stunt like this I wouldn't hire them. Especially when she's making these statements against Nestle with poor English.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any benefit to her either. Sounds like a crazy person.

Or, maybe she sees Jackie Chiles as a mentor.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Although this article is poorly written and does not explain the quote I presume they are her quotes. This is the one that gets me red hot:

&#8220;Nestle have a huge following and I don&#8217;t think these mistakes are acceptable.&#8221;

How is this mistake not acceptable? Is she implying that people were physically harmed or killed from this? It is a candy bar, and it is acceptable to get one missing the wafer, deal with it!

She is the reason we hate lawyers.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Although this article is poorly written and does not explain the quote I presume they are her quotes. This is the one that gets me red hot:

“Nestle have a huge following and I don’t think these mistakes are acceptable

How is this mistake not acceptable? Is she implying that people were physically harmed or killed from this? It is a candy bar, and it is acceptable to get one missing the wafer, deal with it!

She is the reason we hate lawyers.

What? You don't understand how quotes are handled in English?

Let me try......did you notice that all those separate sentences begin with a quotation mark but don't end with one--is that what you deem poorly written and hard to understand? (I've included a sample below:)

Here's a hint....when you are quoting someone with multiple sentences that aren't one single paragraph, as shown below from the OP's article, you begin each statement with a quote mark but do NOT end the sentence with a quote mark because this shows each quoted remark/sentence is from the same speaker, until you reach a sentence that has closing quote marks.

The second year law student at King’s College London said: “They go about advertising the unique concept of KitKat, but I’m so disappointed by what I have purchased.

“I’m hoping they will apologise to me and in future focus more on quality of their product.

“I wouldn’t rule out taking this further if Nestle do not apologise or compensate me adequately.

“As I mentioned in my letter of complaint, an unlimited supply of KitKat would do.

“Nestle have a huge following and I don’t think these mistakes are acceptable.”

This is exactly the way one treats such quoting in English grammar.