News Woman takes selfie while car sinks

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
TBF, that's an unusual opportunity for a selfie, and I'm not sure what else she could have been doing to be "proactive" at the time.

Why she was driving on a frozen river, though... well, that's just her exercising her bodily autonomy, and we shouldn't judge her for it. /s

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Driving on slippery ice with no traffic rules/laws is fun as hell.

And a sanctioned motor sport.

Ice-Racing-Banner-Image.jpg

iceracingbikes-1024x576.jpg

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
TBF, that's an unusual opportunity for a selfie, and I'm not sure what else she could have been doing to be "proactive" at the time.

Why she was driving on a frozen river, though... well, that's just her exercising her bodily autonomy, and we shouldn't judge her for it. /s

Yup.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
She did the cool thing.
She made a memory.
She documented the memory while waiting for rescue.
What else was she going to do?

She literally had nothing to do with her hands.

That would be an awesome random photo to see in a photo album.
Digging though grandma's old pictures and there she is.
Young, high as hell, surfing her car on a frozen river just like she said she did and now you owe her 50 bucks.
Grandma is awesome

• Love
Reactions: feralkid

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm gonna go with a tall order of "fuck that", with a side of "hell nah".
Most people do it on frozen lakes though, and, usually, on snowmobiles and ATVs, though there are plenty of Cars and trucks that go on the ice too.
Frozen rivers are much more risky since flowing water tends to stay liquid (thin ice)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One of my coworkers did tell me he brought his dad's Lincoln on the lake once when he was young. Imagine that giant boat of a car doing "burnouts" on a lake. Hilarious scene.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Friend of mine in Maine lost track of the road during a snowstorm, drove onto the ice and went though. She got out of the car in chest deep water, started walking home. Family friends came down the same road like 10min later and saw her, stopped and tried to help. Hypothermia and shock had set in, instead of getting into the heated car she told them she left her car running, turned around and started to walk back to it.

The cold can really mess you up, but I think the girl in this story has other issues as well.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Last February in Dallas when Icemeggadon hit and the pipes were bursting when the temps started to warm up, so many videos of people filming the water gushing out of the wall instead of trying to figure out how to shutoff the water... but I would be willing to be they had no idea how to shut off the water so they were probably screwed from the get go...there were some posts trying to explain how to do this and one of the replies was "you can the fire department and they will come out and shut the water off for you"...