Woman Reports Man Choked Her Son; Fort Worth, Texas, Police Assault, Arrest Her Instead

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Weird back when I was a drug addict I used to get pulled over for driving in black neighborhoods. I've had cops pull guns on me more times than I can remember, watched a rookie cop shaking to death with his finger on the trigger almost shoot the white boy I was with. Its a misconception that cops are bigger dicks to black people, its that they are dicks to people in higher crime areas.

Not in my experience on the inner city streets of Bmore. If you are white you are just a user and they yell at you to go home. If you are black they are a dealer and you get jacked. It's pretty much a rule. I've been pulled off the concrete and sent packing while the rest of them go to jail. Been told to get my white ass out of the hood before I get robbed. I've had a carload of black people and drugs and they just crushed the drugs under their boot and released me.
White privilege is certainly a thing in the eyes of cops here.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Not in my experience on the inner city streets of Bmore. If you are white you are just a user and they yell at you to go home. If you are black they are a dealer and you get jacked. It's pretty much a rule. I've been pulled off the concrete and sent packing while the rest of them go to jail. Been told to get my white ass out of the hood before I get robbed. I've had a carload of black people and drugs and they just crushed the drugs under their boot and released me.
White privilege is certainly a thing in the eyes of cops here.

Actually my younger brother got caught with pot and they just threw his pot pipe away. That was back in 1990 or so. My older brother however got charged with a felony coke charge and was convicted in the mid-1980s. He did not get prison time but it had a MAJOR negative impact on his life. So while some whites will get the white privilege pass, it is not necessarily universal. Don't bet on white privilege to protect you from some douche DEA agent trying to make his nut.

Regarding drug law enforcement I agree that it is definitely enforced more rigidly against blacks. Some have argued that it is a function of where the drugs are consumed. They say whites tend to consume them within their suburban homes while blacks consume them on the streets. That is an argument I have heard but I never looked into it. Your personal anecdote tends to refute it.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Oh trust me, if the neighbor "confessed", "admitted", he ruffed the boy up, he would have been in cuffs BEFORE the cop even spoke to the mother.
Why trust you?? You would say the cop was right even if he had shot the lady! Don`t deny it, we all know you will!
Cops have discretion -- that is true...but there are a lot of messed up whacko cops serving and protecting!!

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Why trust you?? You would say the cop was right even if he had shot the lady! Don`t deny it, we all know you will!
Cops have discretion -- that is true...but there are a lot of messed up whacko cops serving and protecting!!

"Why trust me??" Cuz I'm 63 years old, and have been there done that! I was patted down, and cuffed BEFORE the cop spoke to the person who called in on a battery accusation. After questioning, the caller admitted I never touched them. This is SOP for the cops, and rightfully so, control, and investigate. I once approached a cop who was jacking up a friend and was warned to stay the heck back, and rightfully so, again SOP. If you were the cop you would do the same thing. This is why the daughters were arrested as well. Frankly, I'm surprised the cop allowed them to get as close as they did, I know I would not have. ALSO, I do not have to deny, or admit anything! AND, who is this, "WE" you speak of? Who made you spokesman for P&N forums? Mine is a love, hate relationship with cops, and clearly there are many who should NOT be wearing the shield. You don't know me, So I suggest you check yourself young JEDI.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
"Why trust me??" Cuz I'm 63 years old, and have been there done that! I was patted down, and cuffed BEFORE the cop spoke to the person who called in on a battery accusation. After questioning, the caller admitted I never touched them. This is SOP for the cops, and rightfully so, control, and investigate. I once approached a cop who was jacking up a friend and was warned to stay the heck back, and rightfully so, again SOP. If you were the cop you would do the same thing. This is why the daughters were arrested as well. Frankly, I'm surprised the cop allowed them to get as close as they did, I know I would not have. ALSO, I do not have to deny, or admit anything! AND, who is this, "WE" you speak of? Who made you spokesman for P&N forums? Mine is a love, hate relationship with cops, and clearly there are many who should NOT be wearing the shield. You don't know me, So I suggest you check yourself young JEDI.
I don`t get what your age has to do with your reply! As for check myself You know little about what clearances I have and or what access to information foreign or domestic I have access too, nor do you know who I have worked for or what countries I have worked in or what languages I speak or what I actually know! Nor do you have any clue what countries I am currently under contract when the need arises to gather information.
SOP varies from area or city to city. There was a reason you were handcuffed I am sure, but that reason was NOT necessarily due to the accusation of assault! The cops in this case were completely wrong and they even escalated the incident! There are many bad cops who will escalate simple things in order to create a situation. So keep on truckin dude!!

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
How do you know it was edited?

You are wrong. The mother is not a failure because a child of 7 litters. The neighbor is a failure because he choked a child just for littering. The cop is a falure because child abuse is much worse than littering.

Unfortunately, what happens in Reality is that 7 year old keeps getting older, and keepings disrespecting the society he exists in. He litters, his g/f litters, his crew litters, and thus, the environment they occupy remains/turns into a shit hole, because nothing has ever broke through to them enough to not make whatever they touch a fail. If you'd like examples of this it's not a problem, just visit essentially any Black neighborhood in Chicago and note the garbage floating around. Then go to any non-Black neighborhood. So you see, by attempting to correct the 7 year old, maybe, maybe, something will break through mentally in him to not shit up his environment. I mean, probably not, but, maybe. What will likely happen is he'll have "mental trauma", and his mama will get a payout. And he'll learn to milk BS for all its worth...which, is what he'd learn anyway, so I guess no loss there, except, he'll contribute to a crapped up environment.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
You, being an admitted racist, I doubt anything that contradicts your world view would be considered trust worthy.

But, I have like 2 decades of real world experience on the matter...why would I take the word of a network that is in the pocket of one former POTUS candidate? So I can waste time listening to their indoctrination efforts while making advertising $?

yzMPKt.jpg

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Littering is an offense worth physical punishment in the way of choking, in some people's minds.

'Murica

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Charges have been dropped against the mother and her 2 daughters, the neighbor who allegedly assaulted the son is apparently going to be charged with assault, and the officer was suspended for 10 days and he's appealing that.

Body cam footage of the whole incident at link

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/01/bodycam-footage-leaks-resisting-arrest-charges-dropped/

Yeah, fuck that cop. He doesn't belong in law enforcement. He needlessly escalated that situation and purposely provoked the woman. I thought it was uncalled for when he asked the woman why she doesn't teach her kid to not litter but then he asked why the neighbor wasn't allowed to touch her kid, wtf!

Anyone have a transcript? I'm trying to hear what the neighbor said (I can make out the first part but not the second).

Nov 25, 2013
Yeah, fuck that cop. He doesn't belong in law enforcement. He needlessly escalated that situation and purposely provoked the woman. I thought it was uncalled for when he asked the woman why she doesn't teach her kid to not litter but then he asked why the neighbor wasn't allowed to touch her kid, wtf!

Anyone have a transcript? I'm trying to hear what the neighbor said (I can make out the first part but not the second).

There is no 'if', 'and' or 'but', that man should not be a police officer.

I hope folks who read the article will note that the body cam footage was leaked to the defense and only upon it's release were the charges against the woman and her daughters dropped and it was announced that the man who allegedly choked the woman's son would be charged.

gorb

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2011
The cop was offered a promotion to corporal and a seven day suspension if he would waive his right to appeal. Such bs :/

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
Every one of them is a moron.

The Neighbor
Don't choke a 7-year old kid, period. Now, I withhold punishment because I don't know how he choked him. Did he wrap his hands around the kids throat or just grab him by the scruff of the neck to steer him towards the trash/walk him to his parent's house. One is really bad, one is still dumb, but not the end of the world..

The Officer
"Why don't you teach your son not to litter."
He's an idiot for saying this. It is nothing but inflammatory. OH, thank you officer, I never thought of that. No good could come from it.

The Mother
"He can't prove to me that my son littered."
And right there is the problem. She had just said the neighbor should have come to her with the problem. But if he had that would have been her response and it just would have been the same argument only the neighbor doesn't have a badge and a taser.

The Lesson To Be Learned
How you deliver the message is as important as the message itself. Calm the eff down. Yelling only makes the cop put his guard up. Aggression begets aggression. Now she is the problem.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
There is no 'if', 'and' or 'but', that man should not be a police officer.

I hope folks who read the article will note that the body cam footage was leaked to the defense and only upon it's release were the charges against the woman and her daughters dropped and it was announced that the man who allegedly choked the woman's son would be charged.
That is effed up. Somebody leaked bodycam footage to the defense lawyer who then released it to the media which was the thing that actually forced police to withdraw charges. If that someone did not leak the video it would have gone to trial and the family would have had criminal record on them. Why even bother with body cams if police department won't release them to the defense lawyers? WTF?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Gee, must have missed that. Why don't you copy and paste exactly where you found the neighbor, in he's own words, admitting to choking the boy to ANYONE.
The cop didn't escalate, Momma, and her daughters did. Without backup, the officer had no choice to control the situation.

Control the situation? Forget the dig about how she raises her kids, when he responded to the woman who said the other guy had no right to grab her kid he said "Why not?'. Beyond the obvious lack of ability to grasp the law, he willfully provoked.

Sometimes there are two sides but in this case things weigh heavily in favor of the woman and if the video proves to be substantially correct (meaning it provides the entire context) he needs to be busted down to coffee delivery guy at the very least and the woman receive substantial compensation.