Woman kills daughter for having sex.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Just found about about this. A woman believing that her 11 year old daughter was having sex with men, and showed up at man's house and accused him of having relations with the girl, but the child denied this and the Lady stabbed the girl 11 times in the car. She believed this because the kid smelled smiled different and want to prevent her having anymore sex with men.:eek:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...a-rivera-daughter-stabbed-20190311-story.html
Good God, what in Hell is going with this woman's thinking? The daughter didn't even mention that she having sex at all, but her mother decided that the little girl was just because she smelled smiled different?

Post edited to reflect what the article actually said.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2012
In an interview by detectives, Rivera initially denied stabbing her daughter, but eventually admitted to doing it “to prevent her from having sex with other men,

Sounds religious related IMO. Damn shame we have come to this.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Not sure what you mean? Are you new here? This is almost a daily thing these days. Honestly, I do not know if there is 'more' now than say..30 years ago, but it's in your face every single day, some insane murder - usually involving family members. On a larger scale, It's not a gun issue, it's a people are f'ing crazy issue.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Not sure what you mean? Are you new here? This is almost a daily thing these days. Honestly, I do not know if there is 'more' now than say..30 years ago, but it's in your face every single day, some insane murder - usually involving family members. On a larger scale, It's not a gun issue, it's a people are f'ing crazy issue.
I'm talking about a parent killing their child for having sex or just thinking that they are.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'm talking about a parent killing their child for having sex or just thinking that they are.
that is a bit odd in of itself, but it just adds to the insanity of killing because the parent thinks the kid is possessed, talked back, or a number of other reasons.
killing anyone is not a rational thought process, let alone your own offspring.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is how you deal with your own lust for men. You imagine and hate anybody you think is getting what you can't allow yourself to have. It's really stressful to be the only decent person in the world. Trust me, I know that game well.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yup, on first hearing sounds like severe mental illness. I suppose the relation between mental illness and religion can be complicated, but surely at a certain point the religion is almost beside the point? Sufficiently mentally ill people have been known to invent their own 'religion' if an existing one isn't available.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It was God's will. I bet mother is vehemently against abortion as well.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This is what happens when your brain OD's on religion.

Perhaps you can provide a science-based link between "smelling wrong", this act and religion? Anyone? "We all know"- Liberals want to have open borders and destroy the nation. We all know that Hillary should be locked up. We all know that blacks are criminals by nature and not as bright as whites. We all know that Jews run the world by covert means, with the Rothschilds at their head and we all know that religion caused this.

Prove any of the above. What I smell is bigotry in each.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
From link: "said it was because the girl smiled “different,” causing the mother to think her child was having sex, authorities said. "

Just want to chime in over the verb confusion here; the mother was overreacting to a facial expression, not to the smell of her daughter being a DNA transport.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Perhaps you can provide a science-based link between "smelling wrong", this act and religion? Anyone? "We all know"- Liberals want to have open borders and destroy the nation. We all know that Hillary should be locked up. We all know that blacks are criminals by nature and not as bright as whites. We all know that Jews run the world by covert means, with the Rothschilds at their head and we all know that religion caused this.

I suspect that in a theoretical alternate universe without religion this woman would not have killed her daughter because she thought she was having sex. Without religion, sex would be as taboo as eating, drinking, or sleeping.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Here's some food for thought:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705681/

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...-between-religious-fervor-and-mental-illness/

The lines are very blurry. How do we know when an individual is just religious or a crazy person? That determination can be very elusive.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I suspect that in a theoretical alternate universe without religion this woman would not have killed her daughter because she thought she was having sex. Without religion, sex would be as taboo as eating, drinking, or sleeping.

I know you only suspect, however according to the Catholic religion the mother did far worse than what she believed her daughter did. If religion were the issue then the mother would not have killed her daughter for any reason. Regardless, the quote I selected makes a positive absolute statement. Many people OD on religion if you will. How many kill their children? No, it was a bigoted statement. If one does X then Y results leaves no room for doubt.