Woman installs 40 Gbps internet connection, downloads recipes

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
1) The last comment was priceless

2) This is an awesome demo; hopefully, in the next 5-10 years it can start making a commercial impact on internet speeds.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
1) The last comment was priceless

2) This is an awesome demo; hopefully, in the next 5-10 years it can start making a commercial impact on internet speeds.

This technology has been around for a while now and ISPs are moving to it if they need to.

The price of the optics is still pretty steep, but dropping. 10 Gbs is dirt cheap.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sigbritt will now be able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously. Or, if there is nothing worth watching there, she will be able to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds.

:shocked:

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
Originally posted by: Yreka
Sigbritt will now be able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously. Or, if there is nothing worth watching there, she will be able to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds.

That's exactly what I thought.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
The secret behind Sigbritt's ultra-fast connection is a new modulation technique which allows data to be transferred directly between two routers up to 2,000 kilometres apart, with no intermediary transponders.

if thats true it should totally eliminate the " Last Mile" prob this country has with getting Broadband to everyone

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001

ya um...tell me a hard drive that exists today that can handle this speed?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: FreshPrince

very large RAM Drive?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: FreshPrince

That's the part that I don't get. You can download faster than your hard drives can write--where it is going? Must be using the Killer NICs with 10gb cache. :laugh:

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Wha wha wha? A full-quality SD-DVD in one second?

HD-DVD in 2 seconds. ;)

It?s a 5 GB/s link, so 10GBs of data in just two seconds.

Aug 10, 2001
No one's computer could possibly utilize all that bandwidth. 40 Gbps is about 50 times greater than the transfer rate of current SATA HDD's.