Woman hoards 30 Government Lifeline Cell Phones aka "Obamaphones"

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Damn, Most of those phones are from early 2000!

How does she have over 30 phones that are all working? I thought you only get 250 minutes a month?

I could use an Obamaphone for my booty calls.

brb, going to Maryland.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
This shit is getting ridiculous..

From 6000 phones and 1M$ in 2008 to 231,000 and 24M$ in 2012 ? Really ??

Who cares how old the phones are? You don't need 30 of them, all active. Something is broken. It looks like the greedy dick bags (cell phone companies) are out there literally throwing them at people and billing the government for it.. Who cares, it isn't our money!

Look, I don't mind the program to provide phones.. Even the switch from land-line to cellphone makes sense..
But......
Just shrugging this crap off as not a big deal leads to another angry group of people ( usually the ones paying for it) wanting to shut down the programs entirely. Just like I said in the "welfare" threads, look at the senator in the movie.. Does he want to eliminate the waste, or maybe even look for a common sense solution ?? No, he wants to cut the program entirely.

This is why nothing gets done, its all or nothing on both sides.

Last edited:

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
This shit is getting ridiculous..

From 6000 phones and 1M$ in 2008 to 231,000 and 24M$ in 2012 ? Really ??

Who cares how old the phones are? You don't need 30 of them, all active. Something is broken. It looks like the greedy dick bags (cell phone companies) are out there literally throwing them at people and billing the government for it.. Who cares, it isn't our money!

Look, I don't mind the program to provide phones.. Even the switch from land-line to cellphone makes sense..
But......
Just shrugging this crap off as not a big deal leads to another angry group of people ( usually the ones paying for it) wanting to shut down the programs entirely. Just like I said in the "welfare" threads, look at the senator in the movie.. Does he want to eliminate the waste, or maybe even look for a common sense solution ?? No, he wants to cut the program entirely.

This is why nothing gets done, its all or nothing on both sides.

Not to mention all the extra electricity that welfare pays to keep the phones charged! Food stamps have double since Obama took office 4 years ago to 46.7 million people.

Nothing gets done because politicians get paid for keeping this stuff going.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Not to mention all the extra electricity that welfare pays to keep the phones charged!

Why would you mention that? Oh, because you're an idiot.
A cell phone's average power usage will be a fraction of a watt. That's how you get days worth of standby on a 1000mAh battery.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Not to mention all the extra electricity that welfare pays to keep the phones charged! Food stamps have double since Obama took office 4 years ago to 46.7 million people.
Being an idiot for you must be a hereditary thing!

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
They didn't look old to me, I saw what looked like maybe a 3 year old samsung type slide phone and a knockoff blackberry like tracfone is currently selling.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Those all look like ancient models that are worth basically nothing.

Service is included with the phone.

The rapid growth means the government is paying out a lot more money—$1.6 billion in 2011, compared with $772 million in 2008. An audit last year found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/how-an-fcc-free-phone-program-went-rogue-02022012.html

Agrooreo

Jul 26, 2005
I had no idea there was a program like this. I wonder why you don't have to apply/qualify like you would for foodstamps or welfare.

I can see how it would be a tool to help people who needed it, however something needs to be done about the abuse.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I had no idea there was a program like this. I wonder why you don't have to apply/qualify like you would for foodstamps or welfare.

I can see how it would be a tool to help people who needed it, however something needs to be done about the abuse.

No no no, you're SUPPOSED to have to apply but so companies have found a way to game the system, ie, the people giving out those free phones from the van.

There were probably recycled Tracphones or something that there were able to reactivate.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Why would you mention that? Oh, because you're an idiot.
A cell phone's average power usage will be a fraction of a watt. That's how you get days worth of standby on a 1000mAh battery.

She's got 30 free cell phones. How many millions of others are there sucking down tax payer dollars?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I know this is being technical but it's not tax payer dollars, but cell phone users fee dollars.

It's a fee everyone with a phone has to pay and it was forced by the government so it's close enough to be a tax.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
It's a fee everyone with a phone has to pay and it was forced by the government so it's close enough to be a tax.

Yup. I don't mind to help a person in need temporarily but 30 phones? Come on, really? :rolleyes:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Hate the game, not the player.

What? You quote me now? Oh, more excuses for the perpetrator(s)/bad behavior, color me shock...NOT :D

One more thing, would you kindly go to the AA thread and reply YES or NO on my statement about remove all AA/set aside programs and everyone (of all races) should be judge on their own merit and hard word. Just YES or NO, that's it, not "if", "and", "but", excuses". Stand up and be a man and say what you mean and mean what you say, stop weasel around.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What? You quote me now? Oh, more excuses for the perpetrator(s)/bad behavior, color me shock...NOT :D

One more thing, would you kindly go to the AA thread and reply YES or NO on my statement about remove all AA/set aside programs and everyone (of all races) should be judge on their own merit and hard word. Just YES or NO, that's it, not "if", "and", "but", excuses". Stand up and be a man and say what you mean and mean what you say, stop weasel around.

It was a joke, lighten up.

And no, I will not bother with your "Yes" or "No" game again. You're annoying, I answered your questions the first time...now you are just being a prude. You don't like my answers? Tough.

Also, Im not a man. Thanks.

How about you fuck off? That'd be great!

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
It was a joke, lighten up.

And no, I will not bother with your Yes or No game again. You're annoying, I answered your questions the first time...now you are just being a prude.

Also, Im not a man. Thanks.

How about you fuck off? That'd be great, I answered your question about AA.

Go back to your double-wide and fry something.

Ah, so can't debate ==>> get down to name calling and insult, typical of AA recipient :D

For the record, you still have not say yes or no. If you are going to lie, at least learn how to lie well like BO. Can't be honest with yourself? then don't bother quote me and I won't have to waste a stinking minute with you and your kind.

How about you get off from all the fuck around with babies daddies <note the plural> and from all of those welfare/food stamp/giveme programs and get to work? McD in da hood is hiring. You feel me, dog? :p <see, you wanna play the racist stereotype game, I am all in....see my sig below, last sentence>

<to mod(s)...I did NOT start the racist statements, just reply fire with fire. For the record>

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
typical of AA recipient :D

Can't be honest with yourself? then don't bother quote me and I won't have to waste a stinking minute with you and your kind.

How about you get off from all the fuck around with babies daddies <note the plural> and from all of those welfare/food stamp/giveme programs and get to work? McD in da hood is hiring. You feel me, dog? <see, you wanna play the racist stereotype game, I am all in....see my sig below, last sentence>

<to mod(s)...I did NOT start the racist statements, just reply fire with fire. For the record>

Oh, right, I'll get right on that.

So where is the supposed racial statement from me that inspired that little rant? It was flattering, really. Given the region you're from, I imagine you didn't have to think much of that up. It probably just rolls off the tongue like grease rolls down a Southerner's chin.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Southerner's , I LOVE that Honey Boo Boo show!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Oh, right, I'll get right on that.

So where is the supposed racial statement from me that inspired that little rant? It was flattering, really. Given the region you're from, I imagine you didn't have to think much of that up. It probably just rolls off the tongue like grease rolls down a Southerner's chin.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Southerner's , I LOVE that Honey Boo Boo show!

:rolleyes:

LOL @ your pathetic attempt to edit your racist statements. Too bad I already quoted you for the record and for the whole world to see. Show your true color, eh? If you did not feel guilty, why edit the post and remove a portion? LOL and very truly pathetic.

Speaking of grease rolling off the chin, I would not say it if I was you (from your own experience with all the chicken grease). No wonder why Asian students are kicking yours and your kind asses in school. That's a fact. I love it when I have liberal sources/media to prove me right. ROTFLMAO.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
LOL @ your pathetic attempt to edit your racist statements. Too bad I already quoted you for the record and for the whole world to see. Show your true color, eh? If you did not feel guilty, why edit the post and remove a portion? LOL and very truly pathetic.

Speaking of grease rolling off the chin, I would not say it if I was you (from your own experience with all the chicken grease). No wonder why Asian students are kicking yours and your kind asses in school. That's a fact. I love it when I have liberal sources/media to prove me right. ROTFLMAO.

What did I say that was racist? My original comment is still there, quoted by you. I think I deleted it because it was mean. Obviously your feelings are hurt. Im sorry you're from the south. But, even more sorry that you used a comment about going back to your "double-wide and frying something" to justify racially charged statements. If I was a prude, I'd report you. But, it doesnt bother me because this is the internet.

Oh yea, and I edited out your comment because I just thought those little jabs about "baby daddies" and "Welfare" were cute. All because I made a joke about people from the South? You go off on some racial rant? LMAO. Since when are Southerners a race? WHERE is my racial comment that sparked it all? hahahahaha

Asians are kicking MY ass in school (me and my kind? hahaha)? You don't even know what my transcript looks like! You don't know what my resume looks like, you don't even know what my major is.

I'm not even worried about you, guy. I have an interview with General Electric for an Internship at 4. I'm going to go get ready. TTYL!

Last edited: