Woman Gets Forcibly Stripped In Jail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
We need Don Vito to chime in on this. He just finished up a case recently where he won a large settlement against a city/department because of their misconduct.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Just wanted to point out a few things that the video mentions..

'Do you have any weapons or sharp objects' and 'have you ever thought of harming yourself' are normal questions. I also find it interesting how her husband is emphatically answering questions for an incident in which he was not present.

Before everyone jumps down my neck, no, I'm not defending the jail personnel. However, as with anything else, I can't help but wonder what we don't know. Disorderly conduct here typically gets a ride to the PD and a prompt release on PR bail..

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: SunnyD
The sad part is, this woman will never have any reason to trust law enforcement again. Even with millions in the bank.

There's definitely more than one sad part..but that's very true..

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Uh.. yeah. I'd be pressing charges against and suing every single person present. Who am I kidding.. I probably would have flipped out and injured someone.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Uh.. yeah. I'd be pressing charges against and suing every single person present. Who am I kidding.. I probably would have flipped out and killed someone.

You'd have a tough time doing that with seven people on top of you.. :Q

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Descartes
Originally posted by: covert24
wow Fvck Cops

Yes, because all cops do this.

my personal experience with the cops have not been, how you say, protective... when i lived in new york my neighbor kept stalking and threatening to beat our ass and our dads ass if we kept walking by his house. so yea we called the cops and about 2 and a half hours later then roll up and don't even fill out a police report. they came, they saw, they left. Great enforcement if you ask me :roll:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
<Cue pro-cop sympathizers to come in here and start defending these worthless pieces of sh*t in 3...2...1>

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Phokus
<Cue pro-cop sympathizers to come in here and start defending these worthless pieces of sh*t in 3...2...1>

I happily support the officers in cases where there is a logical reason to act and their safety is put in question.

This is not one of those cases.

Hang those fuckers out to dry.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
That was absolutely disturbing and gut wrenching to watch.

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?!?! They seriously need to be locked up.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Remember, kids, the police are here to help. Just be a good citizen and do what you are told, and everything will be ok.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Remember, kids, the police are here to help. Just be a good citizen and do what you are told, and everything will be ok.

Most cops are good cops...

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: JLee

I don't care if they are good or not... they have too much power. At the same time, people are increasingly told to rely on the police for any and all disputes. I'd rather see the entire trend reverse.

I don't need a good cop telling me what to do, either.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001

I don't care if they are good or not... they have too much power. At the same time, people are increasingly told to rely on the police for any and all disputes. I'd rather see the entire trend reverse.

I don't need a good cop telling me what to do, either.

Who's telling people to increasingly rely on police? I wish they'd figure some stuff out on their own...I can only take so many "my neighbor is throwing snow in my yard" complaints before I get a little annoyed..

zig3695

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2007
if that was my wife i would be in prison for murder of 5 police officers right now....

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
So what did she do? I find it hard to believe that she didn't do anything at all to warrant being in handcuffs.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: OdiN
So what did she do? I find it hard to believe that she didn't do anything at all to warrant being in handcuffs.

It's a much more newsworthy if they imply that she did nothing at all.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: OdiN

It's a much more newsworthy if they imply that she did nothing at all.

Yeah.

I bet she got handcuffed for something and then started going all fucking psycho.

I mean being in handcuffs doesn't automatically give you a criminal record. Sometimes cops gotta handcuff a couple people just to be safe until they can sort something out and figure out what really went wrong.

We don't know what happened because the video only shows a part of the whole event which looks the worst for the cops, and also just so happens to make the best show for the news crew "exclusive", etc.

Just more reasons for me to hate news really.