Woman convicted of having sex with 16 year old boy granted ASYLUM in Canada

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Imagine that poor tramautized boy! Forced to endure orgasms and the adulation of all his jealous classmates. Ah the horror!

I'm certain that feminists have declared unequivocally that women achieving orgasm during a rape aren't any less raped. Could you please explain how you think this differs?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
More sexist rationalizations

Dude I beat off to fantasies of fucking my teacher when I was 13. I would have cut off my pinkie finger to put it to my 7th grade english teacher. It's funny.... if I forced myself on her at that age I would be charged with rape.... if she allowed me to on the other hand..... she would be charged with rape!! It seems like the law just wants to deny teenage boys with raging hormones any fun.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Dude I beat off to fantasies of fucking my teacher when I was 13. I would have cut off my pinkie finger to put it to my 7th grade english teacher. It's funny.... if I forced myself on her at that age I would be charged with rape.... if she allowed me to on the other hand..... she would be charged with rape!! It seems like the law just wants to deny teenage boys with raging hormones any fun.

So we should just let teenage boys do whatever they want then? And I'm sure you'd be fine with a 40 year old man screwing a 13 year old girl too, hormones and all amiright:rolleyes:

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
So we should just let teenage boys do whatever they want then? And I'm sure you'd be fine with a 40 year old man screwing a 13 year old girl too, hormones and all amiright:rolleyes:

Gotta confess I have a double standard. Hate to admit it, but it is true. So while I think its ok for a teenage boy to have sex with older women, the reverse strikes me as wrong. Dunno why.... its probably my male bias. I could never see having sex with a woman as a bad thing...... it was the ONLY thing I thought about from the age of 13 to my mid twenties.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Gotta confess I have a double standard. Hate to admit it, but it is true. So while I think its ok for a teenage boy to have sex with older women, the reverse strikes me as wrong. Dunno why.... its probably my male bias. I could never see having sex with a woman as a bad thing...... it was the ONLY thing I thought about from the age of 13 to my mid twenties.
I can respect that, can't say I agree with it but I respect it all the same:thumbsup:

The law is supposed to be there to be fair, not uphold double standards though;)

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

So your "male bias" says its okay to rape teenage boys, but not teenage girls?o_O

I guess we should be glad you are not more "egalitarian".

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Repeat after me, there is no such thing as consent in Florida for a 16 year old to have sex with a 37 year old. People always seem determined to distinguish between consensual and non-consensual when it comes to cases like this, but from a legal perspective (depending on the state) there is no such thing as consent, so it's all the same.
That's another problem I have with this. I can accept that legally the law can and should differentiate between a 21 year old and a 37 year old having sex with a sixteen year old, but I think this should be a one or two year thing, not a thirty year thing.

lol My first hot teacher was also my 7th grade English teacher.

I can respect that, can't say I agree with it but I respect it all the same:thumbsup:

The law is supposed to be there to be fair, not uphold double standards though;)
Yet the laws in this area (of law, not geographically) regularly uphold double standards. If two 21 year olds get drunk and screw, the female has the option of filing rape charges; the male does not. Surely that's a far more egregious double standard than recognizing that sex is more invasive, more emotionally charged, and higher risk for young women than for young men.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
That's another problem I have with this. I can accept that legally the law can and should differentiate between a 21 year old and a 37 year old having sex with a sixteen year old, but I think this should be a one or two year thing, not a thirty year thing.
Then someone needs to petition to change the sentencing guidelines in Florida...not run away to Canada...and I would be willing to bet there were plea deals offered that had little to no jail time had she taken responsibility for her actions;)
Yet the laws in this area (of law, not geographically) regularly uphold double standards. If two 21 year olds get drunk and screw, the female has the option of filing rape charges; the male does not. Surely that's a far more egregious double standard than recognizing that sex is more invasive, more emotionally charged, and higher risk for young women than for young men.
Some disparity may exist however that situation is not at all comparable, one does not invalidate the other. In fact it could also be argued that females mature faster than males so girls should be screwable even younger than boys... And while the "maximum" sentence may be seen as harsh by some, it was her choice to deny she broke the law and further break other laws with witness tampering and blackmail, these cases are usually handled with a plea deal but you can't fix stupid