Woman convicted of having sex with 16 year old boy granted ASYLUM in Canada

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Facing 30 years in prison, her, her husband and child went to Canada where the woman was granted asylum.

The reason for asylum, 30 years in prison is 'cruel and unusual punishment'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-Canada-fled-30-year-prison-sentence-US.html

Denise Harvey, 47, fled her home in Vero Beach, Florida, after she was convicted of having sex with her son's 16-year-old friend in 2010
She and her husband and son moved to Saskatchewan
She was granted asylum after claiming 30-year prison term amounted to 'cruel and unusual punishment'

Can we really blame him or her? What teenage boy has not wanted to nail an older woman?

30 years in prison is extreme. I can understand punishing someone for having sex with someone who is underage. But this was a 16 year old young man.

Last edited:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Facing 30 years in prison, her, her husband and child went to Canada where the woman was granted asylum.

The reason for asylum, 30 years in prison is 'cruel and unusual punishment'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-Canada-fled-30-year-prison-sentence-US.html

Can we really blame the student or teacher? What teenage boy has not wanted to nail one of his teachers?

30 years in prison is extreme. I can understand punishing someone for having sex with someone who is underage. But this was a 16 year old young man.

If you make the crime harsh enough, people wont do it. Its worked great for all other crimes, so why not do it here. Hell, make it 100 years, that will stop all of it. War on drugs, meet war on underage sex.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Awesome. Canada land of the free. Nothing that happened should be illegal. A little immoral but if I was the kid, I'd hit it.

The real story is the bizarre laws and sentences in America. 2.5 prisoners and you want more. Private for profit prisons giving money to politicians to keep them full... and that legal.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
If you make the crime harsh enough, people wont do it. Its worked great for all other crimes, so why not do it here. Hell, make it 100 years, that will stop all of it. War on drugs, meet war on underage sex.

Why should we criminalize natural sexual activity?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Why should we criminalize natural sexual activity?

Sex is natural sure, but sometimes it can be abuse. A girl who is drunk is raped, a girl who has sex and regrets it afterwards was not raped.

Sex is scary in our society, which is why when a 18yo has sex with a 17yo its rape. In no way should it be considered anything else!

Sad really.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Sex is natural sure, but sometimes it can be abuse. A girl who is drunk is raped, a girl who has sex and regrets it afterwards was not raped.

What if the boy is also drunk? Will they both be forced to seek asylum in Canada then?():)

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
So are you coming out in support of adults having sex with minors. If so, does that include NAMBLA?

I think the line between minor and adult is blurred rather than a defined line.

Here in Texas even a 17 year old is not supposed to have sex with someone more or less than 3 years their age.

What about 17 years old and 10 months old?
17 years old and 11 months old?

What difference does a month, or a day, an hour or even a minute make?

Some 30 year old woman gets a 17 year old in bed 10 minutes before midnight the day before his birthday. At 12:01 the start banging their brains out.

We are not taking about children, these are young adults.

On top of all of that, do we own our bodies, or does the state own our body? Some 15 year old girl can get an abortion, but she is not supposed to be having sex to start with?

How can the state say a 15 year old has the right to make decisions for herself, but define who she or he can not have sex with?

Last edited:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What if the boy is also drunk? Will they both be forced to seek asylum in Canada then?():)

Not yet, but possibly. Its weird how if both are underage, its bad but its OMG double rape. Its this no exceptions society of today. Rape is rape no matter what.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
Punished? Yes possibly if she violated the law. 30 years? Fuck no. Murders and rapist get less time. Maybe the 'victim' should have a say as to what they feel is an appropriate punishment.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The husband? I can see why she nailed a 16 year old. The kid has more balls than the husband.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Punished? Yes possibly if she violated the law. 30 years? Fuck no. Murders and rapist get less time. Maybe the 'victim' should have a say as to what they feel is an appropriate punishment.

Yeah. This amount of time is especially excessive when you consider had they just been a few hundred miles north in Georgia then there would have been absolutely no legal consequences whatsoever because 16 is the age of consent in Georgia

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Considering that the woman in question is a child rapist you would appear to be wrong.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
The person that replied to my post.

What part do you disagree with?

A 16 year old young man nailing a 30 something year old woman?

Hell yea, lucky him. There were a few of my friends moms I would I could have nailed when I was 16.

There was one mom, if she would have had just a little bit more wine that night, I think she would have been good to go. We ran out of wine a little after midnight, made a trip to the store, and stupid Texas liquor laws no alcohol sales after midnight. She was boozing me up, and even drove me to the store to get more wine.

Last edited: