Woman burned eating fatburger.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

Did you see the story about the woman who is now suing McDonalds because she got burned on a pickle that was too hot on her fatburger? Came out of the burger and burned her chin acording to local news services. Like getting burned on hot coffee?? DUH!

BTW, her husband is suing also because he was deprived of her "services" because of her pain and suffering.

Where do these people come from???

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
Both of those incidents are viable lawsuit material.

The law has always recognized the value of a woman's sexual services to her
husband.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Pretty soon, thebestMAX, I'll be able to sue you for posting stuff like that. ;)

What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

T4NNER

Oct 9, 2000
Please people, this is a serious tragedy. That guy must be bursting with tears after not getting any for so long.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
It's called "loss of consortium" when you loose your spouses's sexual activities.
It has value and thus can be sued over if someone takes that value away.

It's been recognized since the 1700's.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< BTW, her husband is suing also because he was deprived of her &quot;services&quot; because of her pain and suffering.
>>

Are you serious?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I just knew 403 would not be able to resist any post with my name on it. This is really getting funny and that is NOW the only way i will ever see or respond to any of his posts.

NSF4-

I sh** you not. Made the loacl news here last nigght and the Sunday paper. You MIGHT be able to find the article at sunsentinel.com, Ill look later.

Jelly

What is the problem with a a dozen dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean??

No enough lawyers.

It went something like that, sure you will get it.

Explain it to 403 for me, will you?

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
Sounds like a scam to me. Pickles go on a burger lukewarm or cool...and contact with even a hot burger would dissipate the heat (as would the bun) added to the time it would take to get the burger to her, time for her to sit down, unwrap it...and then have it FLY off the burger and on to her chin!??? You have got to be kidding me! A scalding hot pickle??? That is just crazy talk :|

Anyone have any info on where this story can be found in print???

[EDIT: Oh yeah, and the part about her husband suing is priceless. Without getting graphic I dare say there are other avenues to servicing her husband besides using her chin ;)]

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
403, if you seriously are going to sit there and tell us that this maggot is due anything in this case, I will NEVER pay one wit of attention to anything you post from here on out.

Nobody doubts there is a &quot;loss of consortium&quot;. The doubt is that this is a legitimate case!

BTW, what was your take on THE MCDONALD'S SCALDING COFFEE CASE? BTW, the jury found Liebeck 20 percent at fault in the spill. Personally, I think she was 100% responsible for the spill!

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
OK, Guys, here it is.

Went out to the trash and have the article in front of me but if you want to read the whole thing, go to:Knoxville, Tn. paper, do a search on Martin on the left side of the page, her last name, and the article appears about 8 stories down. &quot;Couple sues McDonalds over hot pickle&quot;

Unlike others on this board, I back up my nonsense with facts.

ORNERY-
Ive already gotten to that point with 403.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< if you seriously are going to sit there and tell us that this maggot is due anything in this case >>

Uh...when did I ever say that in this particular instance, the plaintiff
should win? I just said that the two incidents described give rise to
a viable lawsuit, not necessarily that the plaintiff should win!!

<< The doubt is that this is a legitimate case! >>

I don't pass judgment until all the facts are known.

As to the infamous McDonalds case, I have no idea about that. All I know about that
comes from incoherant ramblings spewed by anti-lawyer establlishment.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
403 is correct the Plaintiff's have an actionable claim here. Like it or not, this claim will stand up against a motion for summary judgment.... Whether or not they will win is up to the jury.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
Oh, as to the coffee case, I think it was proper. Although, as judge, I would have fined McD's even more. Do you realize that the amount that the jury awarded (before it was lowered by the judge) did not even represent one day's profit from coffee. The only way to get big businesses to change is by awarding punitive damages in an amount that will make them change.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the link TBM, but it doesn't seem that anybody bothers to click them anyway...
  • Couple sue McDonald's over spilled 'hot' pickleOctober 7, 2000

By Randy Kenner, News-Sentinel staff writer

A Knoxville woman and her husband have filed a $125,000 lawsuit against a local McDonald's restaurant, claiming she was burned on the chin by a hot pickle.
    The two-page document contends Veronica M. Martin was injured by an allegedly dangerous and defective product -- in this case a small McDonald's hamburger -- causing her to suffer both physical and mental injuries.

Those include, according to the lawsuit filed by Amelia G. Crotwell with the Knoxville law firm of McDonald, Levy &amp; Taylor, a second-degree burn on Martin's chin that left a permanent scar.

Martin and her husband, Darrin, filed their lawsuit in Knox County Circuit Court.

It claims &quot;the hamburger sold by the (McDonald's) was in a defective condition or unreasonably dangerous to the general consumer and in particular to (Veronica Martin.)&quot;

The defendant is the Magnolia Avenue-based Mar Inc., doing business as McDonald's.

According to the action, the events leading up to Veronica Martin's injury began on Oct. 6, 1999, when she and her husband bought several small hamburgers at the McDonald's restaurant on Lovell Road.

She began to eat one of the burgers.

&quot;While attempting to eat the hamburger, the pickle dropped from the hamburger onto her chin,&quot; the lawsuit states. &quot;The pickle was extremely hot and burned the chin of (Mrs. Martin).&quot;

In addition to arguing that the hamburger was defective or unreasonably dangerous, the lawsuit maintains that the restaurant breached an implied warranty.

&quot;(B)y virtue of the sale of the product here in question, (McDonald's) implied a warranty that the product, to-wit, a small McDonald's hamburger, was fit for the purpose for which it was sold and could be used for such purpose without injury to (Martin).&quot;

The lawsuit claims the burger was not only not as warranted but was &quot;extremely harmful&quot; to Martin, who has incurred medical bills, lost wages and suffered physical and mental pain and anguish, the lawsuit states.

Veronica Martin seeks $110,000 in damages. Darrin Martin, who the lawsuit states &quot;has been deprived of the services and consortium of his wife,&quot; seeks $15,000.

Mar Inc. did not return a call seeking comment about the lawsuit.

Several years ago a McDonald's franchise in the West was sued by a woman who spilled coffee on her lap. She won a judgment against the eatery because the coffee was too hot.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Thank you Ornery. This was worth digging through the garbage for now. Guess I should have just done what you did.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Man falls off ladder, sues ladder manufacturer...

Man develops lung cancer, sues tobacco companies...

Man shoots self in foot, sues gun manufacturer...

We gotta teach these companies a lesson kids. God forbid we take responsibility for our own actions! :|

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
Man falls off ladder, sues ladder manufacturer...who made a defective ladder

Man develops lung cancer, sues tobacco companies...who marketed cigarettes as safe

Man shoots self in foot, sues gun manufacturer...who forgot to install the safety

We gotta teach these companies a lesson kids. God forbid we let companies produce items
without making sure they work first!

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000
Although I am pretty sure this incident is the typical &quot;how can I makes some money off a large corporation&quot;, I do wonder about the facts.
Read Ornery's coffe link. McDonald's decided to risk manage their coffee temps. because sales would be higher on the hotter coffee. I wasn't unhappy that McDonald's got &quot;burned&quot; in that case.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
403, What tool! I will NEVER pay one wit of attention to anything you post from here on out...

Holy sheet, somebody clicked a link! I disagree with the verdict, but at least you read the facts! Congrats IronMike!

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
<< &quot;While attempting to eat the hamburger, the pickle dropped from the hamburger onto her chin,&quot; >>

How big was the pickle? At what angle of entry did the burger have to make in order to facilitate the appropriate pickle dispersal onto Mrs. Crotwell's chin? While eating fast food, I've messed myself a few times but never did any of my meal end up on my chin. She must have Leno-chin or something. Perhaps she could also sue Leno for not getting some surgery done on his chin; after all I'm sure Mrs. Crotwell watches Leno. It was Leno's responsibility to fix his chin -- he's on the air almost every night. And &quot;Leno&quot; might be a tradename owned by NBC. If that's the case, Mrs. Crotwell should also sue NBC.

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
wtf, i just read it and she only burned her chin. I don't see how that would stop her from pleasuring her husband:p A burned tongue maybe. but chin? what the hell does the chin have to do with it

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
The chin is a prime spot to lay some &quot;love&quot;. A burned chin would prevent
laying any &quot;love&quot; there. I would be pretty pissed if McDonalds prevented
me from laying any &quot;love&quot; on my girl's chin.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I laughed, I cried.

Now I am getting worried, I even laughed at 403 and not in the way I usually do.

BTW, I like my coffee hot, my food that is supposed to be hot hot and my cold drinks cold. Any thing inbetween is not to my liking..

I always used to get Mickey Dees coffee because it was good and it was hot. Can I now sue because the lawsuit makes them serve coffee I no longer like? And I love the sensation of a burning pickle on my.......