Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory -- Complete and FREE multiplayer WW2 shooter

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
This game is incredibly fun. I've been playing it the past few weeks and just wanted to pass it along to you guys.

5 different player classes to choose from (each with very unique abilities), objective-based gameplay, HUGE maps, lots of players..and tons of fun!

The is the best online WW2 game on the market today...and incredibly, it's FREE!

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (247MB)

+ latest patch (5.6mb --choose the USA mirror to get it)

A few pictures:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/enemyterritory_052903_005.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/enemyterritory_052903_004.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/enemyterritory_111802_01.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/enemyterritory_052903_002.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/enemyterritory_052903_003.jpg

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Yes, but they've improved it over the years. Some of the mods are great fun (I like to sneak up behind nazis and poison them with my medic needle...then run away, hehe) :)

There are still plenty of popular servers available too. Check out this great freeware program from Yahoo. It finds a complete list of servers for any game you have on your PC:

The All Seeing Eye

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Hardly any good servers anymore. I decided to try it again a few months back, all the populated servers had advertisement spam in chat windows. Servers are hardly EVER configured right, etc.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: imaheadcase
Hardly any good servers anymore. I decided to try it again a few months back, all the populated servers had advertisement spam in chat windows. Servers are hardly EVER configured right, etc.

I linked to the "All Seeing Eye" program above. It finds many MANY more servers than the in-game search. Give it a try.

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Couldnt really ever get into this. I always thought RTCW's multiplayer was better.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i played it a little and thought it was great (when i knew what i was doing). for a newbie to hop on, it can be very intimidating/confusing. i think quakewars will be money if it has the same formula as Wolf:ET.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Meh, bored me to tears when I played it a couple of years ago. The best part was rolling around on the ground, full of bullet holes, yelling for a medic "I need a medic here!". :laugh:

KT

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: xSauronx
i lead a clan in this a few years ago. awesome game for nada

flame thrower ftw ;)
Fixed.
I used to play this. I really kicked some ass in the map with those trolleys. Camping with the 50 cal ftw!

ZimZum

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001

rocket launcher ftw ;)

Panzer Noob ! ;)

I used to be addicted to this game. Complete Pwnage as a Rambo Medic. People used to accuse me of cheating, ahhh good times. Haven't played in ages. Seems like most of the better clans/server/players have moved on. Sort of slim pickings now.

I was looking forward to Quake wars which was supposed to be an Sequel of sorts to Enemy Territory. But its been delayed so much I lost interest.

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
The base game is so-so but the fortress mods are awesome, I still play ETF whenever I can find people on a server.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
man i played so much rtcw way back when that my finger tips were sore from pressing keys and I could see a image of the game screen laying in bed with my eyes shut. lol. I played that instead of the rampage that was cs but I did eventually make it over to cs:s. I think for mod developers this is the perfect platform as it is free and you can get a larger player base.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Meh, bored me to tears when I played it a couple of years ago. The best part was rolling around on the ground, full of bullet holes, yelling for a medic "I need a medic here!". :laugh:

KT

sounds like bf2....

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: ZimZum

rocket launcher ftw ;)

Panzer Noob ! ;)

I used to be addicted to this game. Complete Pwnage as a Rambo Medic. People used to accuse me of cheating, ahhh good times. Haven't played in ages. Seems like most of the better clans/server/players have moved on. Sort of slim pickings now.

I was looking forward to Quake wars which was supposed to be an Sequel of sorts to Enemy Territory. But its been delayed so much I lost interest.

our two best guys were medics. *always* the tops in kills/accuracy. they left before my first season :(

anyway, panzering makes leading a team easy....and more than once i leveled a team before reloading :p

another favorite was an offensive engineer. laying mines around an enemy base is *way* too much fun on the pubs :)

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
I still play this game almost every night 4+ years after its release (I played the beta as well) and found a server that fits my style. Most people initially balk at the server settings (7,500 XP save and spawn killing is allowed and encouraged, Jaymod setup with poison gas/needles) and soon get tired of the spawn mortaring, but if you get your @ss outta the spawn in a hurry its a fair game every time.

Finding and making friends on one server is the way to go, otherwise you end up being just another spot on the player list. If you want to check it out, just look for the |ABC| server on the master list. There's usually 24+ players on the server every night, with at least 6 admins in the mix.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

sounds like bf2....

Nope, was definitely this game. The BF2 medic cry could never match ET's medic cry for hilarity. Best part of the game.

KT

Thyme

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2000
This game is one of my favorite MP games. The quality of servers over the years got so bad that I stopped playing, though. Servers either had insane amounts of mods that were NOT fun, used custom maps that were HORRIBLY balanced or incredibly slow, or had 60 players where the entire game was spamming and dodging artillery which is not fun.

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
I used to be addicted to this game. I don't really have time to play anymore, but it was a great experience.