Wolenstein: The old Blood......wont run

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
So, my PC, while old, runs GTAV perfectly at full graphic options. PC is a q9500, 8 gig ram, AMD R290. Wolfenstein: the old blood, will not run. Research shows min requirements for CPU is an i5. Heres the kicker. The stupid game runs just fine in my Dell Venue 11 Pro! That thing has an i5 and intel graphics! WTF?

Is there a way to trick this stupid game into thinking I have an i5?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Your CPU is a quad core so there is no restriction,some really bad console ports had some issues where the game started on core 3 so it wouldn't run on duals.

Is there any error message or anything?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Nope, just drops to desktop. I've reinstalled from steam and it runs the begining then bam, right to desktop. Steam forums and Bethesda forums are full of similar issues but no fixes. The only thing I find is my cpu not being an iAnything.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
So, my PC, while old, runs GTAV perfectly at full graphic options.
What a contradictory statement you put together there, before "revealing" a 290 :biggrin:

So when you launch, it goes full screen showing the intro for a fraction of a second and then CTD, every time?
Because of past experiences I had and others I witnessed, I have to ask:
1. Is the game on an external drive? Some games insist on internal storage installation.
2. Anything in the event viewer?
3. Try to update Steam, game, drivers, in that order.

Last edited:

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
are you on win 10 by any chance? as its doing the same thing to me since I moved to win 10; all other games are fine though heh.....need to hit their forums to see if there is a solution

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
OK, got this thing working. Apparently, the AMD CCC has a setting within itself that allows you to capture video of any given game. Once i disabled that and launched the game it finally ran. Game is meh BTW but for 4 bucks its OK.

fixbsod

Jan 25, 2012
Game was not meh, was a solid 7.5+/10 if not slightly higher (I'd personally give it an 8 or so)

edit:

gasp and checking metacritic *AFTER* i gave my review was an avg score of 76/100, so i think im in good company.