Question Wolcen, on sale. Good now?

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
Wolcen is on sale at Steam this weekend. I read/watched tons of reviews up until around 6 months ago when I gave up on buying it. Does anyone have any experience with it lately? Reviews are still polarizing. I suppose worst case scenario is I try it and refund it if I don't like it or have technical trouble.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I'd say give it a shot. You should be able to see if there are any technical issues before the refund window ends.

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
Well I played it for an hour or so. The graphics and sounds are great. The voice acting and story presentation seem high quality. The player UI is a bit unusual with the action items on the opposite side of the actionbar compared to the typical aarpg but perhaps that is configurable and I haven't figured it out yet. The combat feels very kinetic and satisfying. I am not yet comfortable with my controls, moving the player, and targeting/hitting things - it just feels a bit off or unnatural at this point but it will probably improve as I tweak the setup. So far no noticeable bugs. I'll give it another play session today before I commit to keeping it.