wohoo! dad daughter dance. i got talked into going..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Saturday is the Dad and daughters dance.

sunday before the football game we went to khoals. she got a new dress $60 new shoes $20.

I get to pay $10 to go

and she is complaining i need a new shirt. i need to get a haircut and shave.

WTF! who gave her permission to grow up?

ugh.

kids are so damn expensive..

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I've never heard of a Dad /Daughter's dance, is it for highschool?

My daughter is 2 1/2, so I don't know about these things yet.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
lol, how old is she? If I had a daughter, I'd use the opportunity to embarrass the heck out of her. If she's too young, it'll probably scar her for life though...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol, how old is she? If I had a daughter, I'd use the opportunity to embarrass the heck out of her. If she's too young, it'll probably scar her for life though...

she is 10. and you hit on my plan!

actually there won't be many chances to embarrass her. IF it is anything like the last one we went to 2 years ago. the girls will go off and "dance" or such. the dads will talk and if we are lucky one will bring a flask.

hmm kinda like the dances i went to in high school actually.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
she is 10. and you hit on my plan!

actually there won't be many chances to embarrass her. IF it is anything like the last one we went to 2 years ago. the girls will go off and "dance" or such. the dads will talk and if we are lucky one will bring a flask.

hmm kinda like the dances i went to in high school actually.

You have a 10 year old daughter at your age? ;)

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
lol

i have a 6, 10 and 20 yr old (the oldest is adopted).

and im only 39. i'm not a old fart like boomer or olds :colbert:

LOL. I thought you were in your 50-60s for some reason. Come May, I'll only be a year younger than you. :p

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
LOL. I thought you were in your 50-60s for some reason. Come May, I'll only be a year younger than you. :p

heh. i thought waggy was in his 60s or 70s too, partly because of his avatar. only 39? well hell, i lost all respect for you now. now i can't even take you seriously any more.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh. i thought waggy was in his 60s or 70s too, partly because of his avatar. only 39? well hell, i lost all respect for you now. now i can't even take you seriously any more.

sad part? i look a lot like my avatar wich is why i use it. :p

i went bald/grey early

only difference is i have a grey beard..wich i'm about to shave

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Surprised this is allowed in today's politically correct society.

Transgenders, homosexual parents, dead parents, etc. could cause a lawsuit.

Student/Guardian Dance? :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Surprised this is allowed in today's politically correct society.

Transgenders, homosexual parents, dead parents, etc. could cause a lawsuit.

Student/Guardian Dance? :)

they also do a son/mother dance then latter a "family" dance where anyone can go...:biggrin:

i think they have every base covered.

oh on the invitation we got it says "grandfathers, uncles, or significant father figures are Welcome!" hehe

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
How old were you when you adopted? 39 with an adopted that's now 20 seems odd but what do I know? :p

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
How old were you when you adopted? 39 with an adopted that's now 20 seems odd but what do I know? :p

it was my wife's younger sister. we pretty much raised her anyway. We paid for her clothes, school, equipment etc etc.

we did it a few years ago. There mother is insane and was not taking care of the kids. They then moved from near us to Kentucky With us not being near to buy stuff for her it got bad.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Rent a tux -

seriously show up with a top-hat & tails too -

have fun with it and DO NOT show up in khakis.