Woah, my heart stopped and I saw $$$ flying away.

Aug 16, 2001
I was going to do some shopping so I got into my car and tried to start.
Nothing happened, battery looked good but the solenoid did not engage. Crap $$$$ in repairs. :(

Hit the service manual real quick and there it was, the solution.
Make sure the gear is fully in Park, otherwise it won't start. Hopefully this was the case.

Went to the car and touched the shifter with my hand and 'click'. It fired right up. :)

It feels like I just saved $400, I need to spend it on something else.
:D

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
I was going to do some shopping so I got into my car and tried to start.
Nothing happened, battery looked good but the solenoid did not engage. Crap $$$$ in repairs. :(

Hit the service manual real quick and there it was, the solution.
Make sure the gear is fully in Park, otherwise it won't start. Hopefully this was the case.

Went to the car and touched the shifter with my hand and 'click'. It fired right up. :)

It feels like I just saved $400, I need to spend it on something else.
:D

Word, brother. A nice windfall... errr, kind of. In the delusionally optimistic world to which I belong.

Oct 19, 2000
I've done that before. In the 4 years I've had my car, twice it's failed to make a noise when turning the key. I also envisioned my financial situation, but luckily the car started on the second try both times. :D

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Sweet score man :D

So what are you going to spend the $400 on? :D

Koing

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
And let's say you didn't know about the shifter thing, and had to get the car towed to some mechanic, the mechanic would have charged you $400 and came up with a long story about the problem.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
And let's say you didn't know about the shifter thing, and had to get the car towed to some mechanic, the mechanic would have charged you $400 and came up with a long story about the problem.

That is exactly what would happen.
:|

Really ?

I have had many customers come into my shop with the shifter in drive, never charged them a dime, where do you guys live ?

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Roger
Really ?

I have had many customers come into my shop with the shifter in drive, never charged them a dime, where do you guys live ?

A good mechanic is hard to find. The scumbags I've gone to before would come up with a lame-ass story like that.

:beer: for a good mechanic!!