WMP7 and M2V files???

GnaisH

Feb 16, 2001
Allright, heres the situation:

i have two computers, both win2k and i installed the new Windows media player 7 on them and also the Divx Codec 3.11 (the newest version). I got some music videos that are *.m2v files and they only play on one of my computers not the second. I'm pretty sure that i need a dvd Codec for it if i want to play it in WMP7 or i can just get powerDVD, but I DONT WANNA GET powerDVD.

I'm just interested in if anybody has any ideas or thoughts on this. What else should i install or are there any other codecs? especially a DVD one that would play M2V files through the media player (WMP7)???

OH. as for the computer that can play the files through the media player, i have NO IDEA how, and i dont wanna un-install WMP7 cause i dont wanna lose it. My friend told me it might be the DVD prog i installed for it but all i use on that comp is WINDVD, which doesnt really give any codecs. My friend says he can play it cuase of his DVD card or some drivers he installed but im not really sure.

Otherwise, im stumped, dont know what to do, just want the darn media player to play m2v files like my second comp. AISH!

thanks