wizardry 8 on gog !!

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
In case you missed it wizadry 8 is now on gog. This game was very hard to find (they didn't make enough box copies :) ); and then went bankrupt.
-
It is a bit dated I guess but is still a lot of fun. There is a 'speed up combat' mod and a couple of total conversions (I've not tried any of the total conversion but some people swear by them). Definitely recommend the speed up combat mod. The game itself is not really mod-able so the conversions are rather hacky in implementation - kind of curious if they are any good.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
Cool!

I've been meaning to dig this one up, but never got around to it.

Now I know where to find it :)

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
one of the last of the "good old games" :) excellent old school gameplay molded to the newer (at that time) 3d graphics. The game was not one of the easy games that where starting to pop up then which have taken over today. it was my one hate and love for the game.. teh difficulty changed with you.. seldom an "easy" fight with the hard ones.. you pretty much had to "think" on every fight..

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
God I remember reloading the temple fight over and over trying to get through it without deaths.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Well I know what I'll be buying tonight.

WIZ6-8 are, by far, my favorite games of all time. I still have a disc copy of WIZ8 that I play from time to time, but I've been waiting for someone to make WIZ6 and 7 accessible on modern platforms.