Wizard 101

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Anyone try this out yet?

http://wizard101.com

I just signed up to get on the beta waiting list. One thing that interested me is that it looks like they do a lot of background downloading to populate the world. The FAQ says that you download something for about 2 minutes, then it'll download the rest of the content as you play. I'm intrigued... and I really like the trend of how developers are aiming for lower end PCs and lower impact games (browser based gaming) instead of the biggest and best.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Its colorful, I wish it was DARKER and GRITTIER!

hehe, I just played for about 15 minutes. I dont know if I want to really get into another mmo, but I did like how the training battle worked.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Modeps

hehe, I just played for about 15 minutes. I dont know if I want to really get into another mmo, but I did like how the training battle worked.

Dude, it's geared towards KIDS!

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: SunnyD

(i was joking)

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: SunnyD

(i was joking)

Oh... sorry... internet sarcasm isn't my forte.

I am quite enthralled with the game though. It's simple enough, but well designed and written - especially from a younger audience. World of Warcraft meets Yu-gi-oh meets Pokemon almost.