With Roy Moore's loss, how will the Repubs spin it?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Hmm.... that tweet sounds way too sensible and presidential to be coming from him. :rolleyes:

This is more like the Trump we all know:

"The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!"

Reactions: Triloby and cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Gotta give a shout out and a big thumbs up to the people of Alabama

I'm godsmacked that a state as red as Alabama did the right thing and kept that loon out of the senate. Kudos !

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Watching Bannon flee Moore's campaign HQ last night was like seeing the white blood cells exiting a popping zit.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I understand that, and that just means that its time to fight. You cant back down to that. Not ever.
Agreed, this shit is riot-in-the-streets worthy. Without representation you are less than worthless in our society, you're a puppet for some other fuck.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Lol now this is spin. Trump was right all along!

Of course. "It's everyone else's fault but me." Moore was not Trump’s chosen candidate at the start. So he feels like giving the party a “I told ya so”.

Also...After the Alabama election, a number of Republicans are going to start taking a serious look at Trump's ability to lead the party electorally. It may be quiet at first, but it will happen, and I would assume it will start now.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
He'll blame the media. That's the most useful thing to do considering soon it'll be time to tell people to disbelieve the media, the FBI and the Justice Department when the real trouble hits.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
He'll blame the media. That's the most useful thing to do considering soon it'll be time to tell people to disbelieve the media, the FBI and the Justice Department when the real trouble hits.
And his adoring masses see nothing suspicion in that whatsoever. Lemmings gonna lemming I guess.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
I think republicans will use the rational explanation for once. This is what usually happens when you nominate bat shit crazy people for an election. This is the rule. Trump was the exception (they won't actually say that last part).

Reactions: Starbuck1975

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
From what I've heard they are already blaming Bannon...

Good don't need no Nazis having a voice in any party.

_______

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I just saw this and had to come share it with you guys as I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it.:p

Reactions: JSt0rm

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
This is more like the Trump we all know:

"The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!"

Now that sounds more like Trump! Miserable and pathetic! :)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Especially for the 2018 elections?

Ie:
We've learned our lesson that 14 year old girls are still of limits, even in the backwards South.

Isn't Al where singer Jerry Lewis married his 14yr old cousin?

What's the age of consent in Al?
So true. In enlightened New York City, lefty hero Woody Allen waited to marry his daughter until she was 21. There's just so much you have to teach us backwards Southerners.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
So true. In enlightened New York City, lefty hero Woody Allen waited to marry his daughter until she was 21. There's just so much you have to teach us backwards Southerners.
As tawdry as that whole affair was, and the hell with you for weaponizing it as a cut to "the left"; you are grossly ignorant of the particulars.
She was the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow, not Woody Allen's daughter.

You still need to work on thinking before you post.