With each installment of Modern Warfare...

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
The game gets more noob friendly and consolelike.

Seriously, how do you go from a pure PC game with dedicated servers, large PC maps and aiming required skills and accuracy to:

talentless idiots running around with akimbo SMG & steadyaim spraying me from one end of the map with an instant kill? The maps are now smaller than my penis and it's possible to spray someone with the SMG and get an instant kill from across the map.

And IW proudly advertised "we have dedicated servers in MW3 now" but it's like a dick-slap on the face for PC gamers.

How do you have dedicated servers but then remove the ability to earn EXP & rank up? wtf were you thinking? morons

Last edited:

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
With each installment you buy you're sending them the message you support the direction their games are taking.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
i play free-for-all and use the rocket launcher on everyone. then i grenade myself and start again with rockets. people hate this tactic for some reason

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
With each installment of Modern Warfare?
You mean, each further installment of Call of Duty?

The reason they keep mixing up the names on those franchises is so nobody notices they're getting up to the double digits.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I gave up ON COD years ago. Nowdays you would have to pay me to play any of the newer games, and it would cost alot.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have only played MW2 a little, it seemed alright, but it also seemed more frustrating than CS:S.

I think way too many of these types of games are leaning too heavily on the Leveling up elements. Makes things far worse for the Noob to get into when the Vets not only know the Maps/Strats, but also are loaded with superior equipment. These are Games meant for the Lineup Kiddies, the first to Install is the first to achieve God Mode by default.

I suppose this is a good way to keep people buying a whole new version every couple years, but it doesn't make for a good game.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
Slightly offtopic..

102751.jpg

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
I have only played MW2 a little, it seemed alright, but it also seemed more frustrating than CS:S.

I think way too many of these types of games are leaning too heavily on the Leveling up elements. Makes things far worse for the Noob to get into when the Vets not only know the Maps/Strats, but also are loaded with superior equipment. These are Games meant for the Lineup Kiddies, the first to Install is the first to achieve God Mode by default.

I suppose this is a good way to keep people buying a whole new version every couple years, but it doesn't make for a good game.

You can't say that, you can still do work with the default classes. It's the man behind the trigger not the gun that matters

FalconHorse

Jul 22, 2011
After playing MW1 (CoD4), it was obvious that the series was dead for me. Shame too, the original CoD is possibly the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I picked it up for my nephews to play on my PS3 and can't believe how crappy the graphics are and how similar the levels are to 2. Without a doubt it's a $60 expansion pack.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
like mw2 but players are being sissies and camping more this time.

with all the players camping, totally ruins the fast paced nature of the game. theyre doing it wrong.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Welcome to games made for casual gamers. Where you too can have elite headshot skills (except it's not elite when everyone can do it). Where it's not about the gameplay but how many epic action scenes there are (most of which you will only get to watch unfold or, at most, test your ability to push a few buttons in sequence).

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
like mw2 but players are being sissies and camping more this time.

with all the players camping, totally ruins the fast paced nature of the game. theyre doing it wrong.

Those campers are now in BF3.

Play some Metro conquest and every other idiot has a m320....

Rockets m320 and grenade spam.

Like playing as support i have hoarded 836 resupply ribbons but when the sh*t gets deep and i need a assault kit to help my team out with meds...it takes about 8 assault weapons laying around before i find one NOT with a m320 and one with meds.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Cod 1 was the only good one. Everything else has been shit.

United Offensive was awesome too.

Every CoD game has been exactly the same since MW1. I don't care if you like the games but if anyone thinks they aren't the exact same game with slight tweaks is just delusional. It's the Madden of fps games.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
In MW2 I specifically noobtubed (on the console version) just to piss people off. It was hilarious, and actually really damn effective...

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I enjoyed MW3 single player a lot, even though it was short (~5 hours?). That's worth $20 or $30 by itself.

I'm also enjoying the multi player, but it definitely feels like the same game as BLOPS and MW2 to me. I'm by no means a hardcore COD player. I generally buy for the SP and then play MP some because it's pretty fun and makes my $50 or $60 purchase go a little further. I need to convince myself to wait a year or two for these games so I can get them for $20-$30 and just play single player.