Witcher 2 - VERY FRUSTRATED :'(

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Dont bother. You will play the game then get to the first "boss" called a Kayran. This Kayran will be impossible to kill. Game over. Dont waste your money.

Sounds like someone didn't do some of the quests ahead of this one that makes the battle much easier.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Patch 1.3 increased performance on Nvidia GPUs substantially (especially for SLi) just to let you know, and the upcoming 280xx drivers which are due out next week are rumored to have the long awaited Witcher 2 optimizations in them.

The 1.3 patch and the 280.19 drivers work very well with my 3-way GTX 580s. Before that, the framerate would sometimes dip under 60 to 45ish FPS with everything maxed. Now it's a constant 60.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The Kayran wasn't that bad. I'm currently having a hell of a time on another boss though (still in the 1st chapter of the game):
The Kingslayer/other witcher. I can't make a dent in the SOB and he tears me to pieces. The game saved right before him so I can't use oils or potions.

fantolay

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2009
This game tears up PC's. A buddy of mine has a kickass rig and the game automatically adjusted video quality to LOW based on his setup...

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
The Kayran wasn't that bad. I'm currently having a hell of a time on another boss though (still in the 1st chapter of the game):
The Kingslayer/other witcher. I can't make a dent in the SOB and he tears me to pieces. The game saved right before him so I can't use oils or potions.

Run and roll like crazy when he has Quen up. Put down a Yrden when he gets stuck, roll behind him and stick your sword up his butt. Repeat until done.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
This game tears up PC's. A buddy of mine has a kickass rig and the game automatically adjusted video quality to LOW based on his setup...

What's a "kickass" rig? He might have room to increase as well because most games are VERY conservative with the auto settings.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Run and roll like crazy when he has Quen up. Put down a Yrden when he gets stuck, roll behind him and stick your sword up his butt. Repeat until done.

I was trying to do just that, but every time he hit my Yrden he'd blow right through it. The only time he got stuck was when he had Quen on. I started to use the Aard spell (I think) which knocks him back and lets me get in 3 hits, but my energy doesn't recharge fast enough to keep him at bay. I think I need to back track and use a potion and oil before I start this fight.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I was trying to do just that, but every time he hit my Yrden he'd blow right through it. The only time he got stuck was when he had Quen on. I started to use the Aard spell (I think) which knocks him back and lets me get in 3 hits, but my energy doesn't recharge fast enough to keep him at bay. I think I need to back track and use a potion and oil before I start this fight.

At least there are now marker arrows with latest patch so you know where to go,I finished it before any patches and second time around with 1.3 patch,end of the day its not that hard if you know what to do.