Wisconsin Supreme Court voids stay-at-home order-effective immediately

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, I can absolutely see the greatest generation objecting to the stay at home order. Masks they would do, staying home would never happen. Those people had a serious work ethic. My own father worked construction, he fell of a roof one day and broke an arm and a leg. He was on the job at 8 AM the next morning. Those people were hard as nails, self sufficient, and durable.

you're ignoring that they grew up during the Depression. They understood sacrifice and they understood the common good.

why is it that so many ignore what these people actually were, and what they understood? You impart on them attitudes and common responses based on the lives that you have absolutely know idea that they lived.

They understood the common need; not base selfishness for individual gain. This is what the boomers believe is their right, much to the disgust of their dead parents. and that's just how it is.

Are you actually not aware that they lived through rationing, over 2 decades, and understood what sacrifice for everyone meant? Did you just "forget" the point?

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not the point. We could save tens of thousands of lives by banning driving. Why dont we?

the fact that driving doesn't kill hundreds of thousands like it would have, at the rate it was killing us prior to decades of safety regulations and improved design, road laws, is a testament to the fact that we absolutely do address this problem the best possible way.

but you're trying to compare that to a virus, and your base ignorance about what the medical profession absolutely knows of how to address that and what should be done. ...you just don't want to because of yet another failed non-sequitor argument that you should have saved for a gun or fetus thread.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
266E8BC9-8820-49A7-AFB9-6CC0A34AB023.jpeg

“He fell off the roof onto the ground. He picked himself up and climbed back onto that roof. Where he then fell off the roof onto the ground again. Hello, I’m Peter Graves, and this is a profile of American Courage, tonight on Biography.”

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
More evasiveness. Just answer the question.

We absolutely do ban driving certain cars on the road. Certain cars cannot be driven on the public roads, only private race tracks. Coworker of mine used to own heavily modded endurance race track car (forget the make and model), he had to tow it in a trailer to the race track every time.

We also regulate how cars can be driven in an effort to balance the benefit that cars give and public safety. Over the years windshield vipers became mandatory, seatbelts, then center tail light, crumple zones, and most recently blind spot monitoring and rear view cameras. We also limit how fast you can go on any given road, we say you have to wait at the stop light for your turn when the light turns green. There are all sorts of restrictions on driving to make it as safer.

Wisconsin Supreme Court decision is the equivalent of allowing race track cars without headlight or tail-lights or blinkers on the road because apparently banning race track cars from the roads is the same as Japanese internment camps.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You can permit me to go to a restaurant but you can't force me to. The majority of the USA are in favor of not opening things up versus opening them up.

There will be data going forward and I expect it to have a big impact.

Reason is taking a back seat all too often here in the USA. Many are not using their minds.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
you're ignoring that they grew up during the Depression. They understood sacrifice and they understood the common good.

why is it that so many ignore what these people actually were, and what they understood? You impart on them attitudes and common responses based on the lives that you have absolutely know idea that they lived.

They understood the common need; not base selfishness for individual gain. This is what the boomers believe is their right, much to the disgust of their dead parents. and that's just how it is.

Are you actually not aware that they lived through rationing, over 2 decades, and understood what sacrifice for everyone meant? Did you just "forget" the point?
All this horse shit about generations is just that, horse shit. This issue is the result of just one cause, the conservative brain defect and it infects every generation. It waxes and wains throughout time in relation to stresses strains and fears, the Japanese, the Russians, liberals, Mexicans, Chinese, viruses, famine and plague, economic insecurity. We all carry this disease, all rooted in hatred of the self. To point a finger elsewhere than ourselves we insure there will be no cure. I am sorry.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Atreus-

"If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases. They [the media] don’t want to write that.” - Donald Trump, May 14th 2020

I find nothing funny about his issues with comprehension, or yours. Laughing makes you sound like another party before country asshole, I hope you can understand this.

Reactions: Pohemi

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I'm sorry their ignorance is not your bliss. As a customer service oriented person for most of my employment history, I feel it makes me a better customer, something I can pass onto the kiddos too. People work hard, and there's guidelines to follow, be kind and pay it forward.

Also, I'm from western MA, and sometimes you get the impression that eastern MA (Boston and majority of business / money is) forgets we even exist. So I understand that sentiment, but its still not a local businesses right to disobey state issue guidelines, and they should still expect MA to shut them down of they don't adhere.
Owning a retail business I totally agree with you. Retail is though because while most people are understanding the 5% that isn't makes it awful.
So anyway to end this on a positive note. At our check out today one customer said "Here's $30 put it toward the next person in lines bill" that continued for the next five customers in line. Each one payed it forward and put $30 toward the next person in lines bill. It was very cool to see that kind of thing take place at my store.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Not quite. Rationing occurred only during the war. The oldest Boomers are 74. The youngest of the Greatest Generation are now 93 & very few in number. The people in between are a lot more conservative than Boomers.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Not quite. Rationing occurred only during the war. The oldest Boomers are 74. The youngest of the Greatest Generation are now 93 & very few in number. The people in between are a lot more conservative than Boomers.
But, they, at least in my case spent their childhoods in the depression, which dissipated with WWII (when the rationing occurred). Neither of them were deprived like most of the country due someone in either family working for the federal government during that period. My granddad was about to buy office furniture for his private law practice when the depression hit and he was lucky enough to get a job with the GAO and retired from it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What I hope happens IN THE END, after Joe Biden is elected and puts this pandemic in its place with massive testing and giving every America all the PPE that they and their families need. And then people can safety return to work and play. But what I hope then happens is FULL ACCOUNTABILITY. To allow families of THE DEAD and everyone who was INFECTED and survived, to bring MASSIVE lawsuits against EVERY republican governor, against everyone in the Trump administration including Donald Trump himself, and add into the lawsuit mix holding legal accountability of Fox News for spreading Trump lies and misleading the viewers with false information. We let those crooked bankers get away with what they did during the 2008 housing crisis, so lets not let those republicans responsible for some 90,000 (and counting) coronavirus deaths to get away with it. Sue them all for murder, conspiracy to murder, and attempted murder. That is what I want to see, when this all ends after Joe Biden becomes president.

Reactions: TeeJay1952