• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Wireless

kyubi

Feb 11, 2008
Worth it to get a good wireless mouse and keyboard or stick to wired?

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
I personally haven't used a wireless keyboard that I really liked.

So for me the best option is a wired mechanical keyboard (with a USB pass-through port) and a good wireless mouse. Since the mouse stays so close to the keyboard, there are never any Bluetooth drops like you can sometimes get with the wireless adapter plugged behind the case (and under the desk).

Reactions: kyubi and mxnerd
Feb 25, 2011
Depends on whether or not you mind having a wire there. Wireless versions of otherwise good input devices are usually more expensive that their wired counterparts, so you're paying a price for an additional cosmetic enhancement. A lot of gamers dismiss wireless input devices because of latency concerns, too.

But I'm a happy wireless keyboard/mouse user, so... whatever.

kyubi

Feb 11, 2008
Depends on whether or not you mind having a wire there. Wireless versions of otherwise good input devices are usually more expensive that their wired counterparts, so you're paying a price for an additional cosmetic enhancement. A lot of gamers dismiss wireless input devices because of latency concerns, too.

But I'm a happy wireless keyboard/mouse user, so... whatever.
My daughter keeps pulling on the cable. But would like to know what keyboard and mouse you are using.

ASK THE COMMUNITY