• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Wireless remote control of my PC


Junior Member
Oct 21, 2014
I have a PC with VGA, DVI and HDMI for video output. I want to be able to operate the PC remotely wirelessly so I need to be able to send that video along with the USB connection so I can use a mouse and keyboard. I know that there are devices like the IOGear HDMI transmitter to send the video and audio that also has a way to extend IR, which I suppose has a USB port to connect an IR antenna. Will this USB feed possibly pass through my PC USB for a mouse/keyboard, or if not is there any other device that can do this? If not is there any other way to do this? I am not really any fan of wireless things, but this one may work. Nevertheless I am not really interested in using any of the usual wireless mice or keyboards for that part of this.

I can set up a full PC and get this all through my router but that kind of defeats a lot of what I am trying to get away from. I can wire to the transmitter so I can get it within say 50 feet of where it will be sending the signals to.

And: This appears to do exactly what I want: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...d=scsho5462301
I don’t know if HDMI can carry USB signals from a PC. If it can and there would be splitter cables to integrate that I could save $100 by using this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815290029 I can afford these, but it seems there isn’t any competition for this kind of device with the prices they get.
Last edited: