Solved! wireless option for PS4 Pro?

badbanana

Aug 27, 2018
just bought a PS4 Pro last night, able to configure it and stuff but one nagging problem. there seems to be no BlueTooth option for the headset?

right now i'm using a wired headset connected to the controller. if i'm getting a 4K tv, will i be able to use or route the sound to the TV's audio out?

Solution
just bought a PS4 Pro last night, able to configure it and stuff but one nagging problem. there seems to be no BlueTooth option for the headset?

right now i'm using a wired headset connected to the controller. if i'm getting a 4K tv, will i be able to use or route the sound to the TV's audio out?

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but why would you wonder if you could use the TV's speakers to output sound?

You just plug an HDMI cable from PS4 Pro to TV and it delivers audio and video to the TV.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Well, I can say that even Sony's first-party wireless headphones require a dongle to be inserted into a free USB port on the PS4, so I wouldn't hold my breath that wireless headphones will work without some sort of adapter. As for sound, I know that whenever I insert a headset into a controller, it will automatically reroute the sound, but I swear there was an option to say whether to reroute or to mirror the sound. I'll have to take a peek tonight and check the options.

Reactions: footballrunner800
Oct 20, 2005

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but why would you wonder if you could use the TV's speakers to output sound?

You just plug an HDMI cable from PS4 Pro to TV and it delivers audio and video to the TV.

Reactions: badbanana
Solution

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

My assumption was outputting to both the headset and the TV.