Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Recommendations

trexmgd

Jan 22, 2006
I'm in the market for a wireless keyboard and mouse. I know most people try to fit themselves into some sort of type; eg. a "Gaming" type, "Multimedia" type, or "General" type. For me I pretty much want it all.

I'd like to be able to do some casual web surfing or media access from my couch - AND - be able to turn around and do some gaming from my desk.

I know most wouldn't consider a wireless anything for gaming, but the truth is my 15 hour FPS sessions are a thing of the past. If I can point and click my way through Dragon Age, I'll be alright.

Love'em or Hate'em, media keys would come in handy as I play music and movies through my home theater from my PC.

Currently using a Logictech MX510 mouse and an old Thermaltake Xaser keyboard.

What say you?

-------------------------------------------------
Suggestions thus far:

al4x: Microsoft 8000
jasonb55: Logitech MK700
trexmgd: Razer Mamba (do not own, just found intriguing.)

Last edited:

al4x

Feb 5, 2010
I like my microsoft 8000 wireless keyboard and mouse but its a tad expensive and not good if ur a touch typist! (I'm not)

It also a backlit one, use it across the room for watching films in the dark

jasonb55

Aug 11, 2006
I have the Logitech MK700 keyboard/mouse combo. It is around $100 I think and I use it on my couch 14ft away from the receiver in another room. Playing games on my couch is FUN! and it plays FPS games pretty well(for me). The only pitfall is the keyboard keys are laptop style and I'm still getting use to it.

trexmgd

Jan 22, 2006
I like my microsoft 8000 wireless keyboard and mouse but its a tad expensive and not good if ur a touch typist! (I'm not)

It also a backlit one, use it across the room for watching films in the dark

Thanks for the response.

Funny you should mention the backlit keys - I intended to put that in my original post as a big plus!

I stumbled across the Razer Mamba mouse while hunting around. It expensive as mouses go, but it is BOTH wireless AND wired. Check it out here: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418100/categoryId.35208800

al4x

Feb 5, 2010
thats a really nice mouse, i want that next i think, the mouse which came with the M$ keyboard is ok but pretty basic

trexmgd

Jan 22, 2006
Bump - I'm not really finding anything that is jumping out at me.

So far, it looks like to get the better keyboards, you're stuck with a mouse combo in which many people feel the mouse is inferior. I'm willing to pull the trigger on the Razer Mamba, but want a quality wireless keyboard to go with it. Also, it appears that nobody make a back-lit wireless keyboard anymore.

lancid

Jan 19, 2008
I'm looking for pretty much the exact same thing in a keyboard. These are the ones that seem good/get recommended.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K340 $45.61

HP Wireless Elite Keyboard $32.82

Logitech diNovo Edge $140.72 (goes on sale for $70-100 somewhat often, I think)

Logitech diNovo Keyboard for Notebooks $74.99 (used to be $49.99)

Apple Wireless Keyboard $69.00

I've also seen an Enermax mini something, but I don't have a link (I didn't like the cramped layout and no numpad).

I'm leaning toward the K340 because of price, and I don't like the fn key on the HP (I have a thinkpad, and always press that key instead of ctrl). I just worry it has membrane and not scissor keys. I haven't found any review which mentions this, or key-feel.

JE78

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2004
I just bought this keyboard and mouse combo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109079

I was deciding between this and the Logitech MK700. The deciding factor was size, key size and weight. The MK700 was bigger and was heaver and the keys were smaller. I use my keyboard for gaming and internet mostly, and some multimedia. The wrist pad on the MS keyboard is just right for me too, the one on the logitech was big so if you have big hands it might be a better fit.

I haven't used the mouse yet, I have a Logitech mouse that I love so I don't have any use for the MS mouse at this time. I did hold it in the store and it felt good except instead of a forward and back button on one side there is a button on each side of it. The reason for his is because MS wanted it to appeal to left and right hand users.

Last edited:

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
just got the Logitech Desktop Wave for my HTPC from Amazon for $60, it'll be here by Weds if anyone has any questions about it for me.

For those of you who use it, what do you like/dislike about it?