Wired Games of 2016 Preview

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Horizon and PvZ2 honestly. My boy and I love PvZ and play it all the time. Looks kiddie, but is extremely fun. Lots of humor, new one looks great. Lots of game references, like ME.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
XCOM2 and Farcry Primal are the two major ones for me. Also Mass Effect Andromeda but with a tentative release of 12/16 that could easily get pushed to 2017.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Mass Effect is a must for me.

Kingdom Come actually sounds cool, with it being based in fact.

Far Cry Primal looks fun, but... Ubisoft...

New Mirror's Edge looks awesome.

Obduction looks cool too.

And of course... Zelda. This will be the game that makes me buy a Wii U (Or maybe NX?).

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Lara Croft
Lego Avengers - daughter and I will play together.
Orcs Must Die Unchained
And if by any chance it would be ready in 2016 - Serious Sam 4

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Games I'd like to play this year:

Mass Effect Andromeda
Far Cry Primal (Hoping for improved AI)
Tom Clancy’s The Division (please don't suck)
Crack Down 3
Fortnite
Below
Squadron 42/ Star Citizen

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Forgot one. Potentially the 'mobile' version of FFXI may be coming out in 2016. I have a hard time seeing that really panning out but I'm still endlessly curious to see how it turns out.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
The most hype I have so far this year is for console games. Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 (might get the PS4 at Black Friday or something), Zelda Wii U, FFXV. Hoping FF gets a PC port.

At least Tomb Raider bombed hard enough on Xbox One to get its PC release done quicker.

I may bite on Grim Dawn after it leaves Early Access, goes on sale, and I get around to beating Titan Quest.

I'll eventually buy the Mirror's Edge prequel. Probably not at launch, though. I hope it lives up to legacy and hype.

After The Walking Dead Season 2 doesn't work with a One gamepad (Telltale's fault), I'm a little less excited for their future stuff. Not a lot, but less.

Although, if Cyberpunk 2077 rumors pan out and it gets a late year release, I'll maybe probably buy it at launch.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
XCOM2, but I won't get it until it's packaged with the expansion whenever that is.

Mass Effect is also a must. Deus Ex might be a later buy.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Games on that list is The Division. Waiting on that to get a PS4. Otherwise games I am waiting for that didnt make that list.

Hearts of Iron 4
Camelot Unchained
Stellaris

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Far Cry Primal looks fun, but... Ubisoft...

Really? A reskin of FarCry 4 which is also a reskin of FarCry 3? They are milking this bullshit and doing the same crap they are doing with Assassins Creed. Releasing the same shit in different clothes.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
X-COM 2 is a fence sitter for me. If it's like X-COM EU then they can keep it. If it's more like UFO: Enemy Unknown then rock on!

Maybe Battlefleet Gothic Armada...

I may bite on Grim Dawn after it leaves Early Access, goes on sale, and I get around to beating Titan Quest.

Have you been following the Grim Dawn AT thread? It's content complete now and is more than worthy of full price.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Deus Ex HR
Dishonored 2
Mass Effect Andromeda? Not sure what is meant by "western theme"? I love this series, and hope they don't mess it up. Guess I'll just wait and see.

The Wife

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Orcs Must Die: Unchained looks fantastic.
No man sky might be cool, depending on if it actually does not get boring.

Those are really only two that look good to me.