Wintec memory?

KingofFah

May 14, 2002
Came across a site selling Wintec Micron memory. I went to the Wintec and they apparently make memory using micron, samsung, or infineon chips, and I was wondering how well this RAM will perform. It is 512 2700 DDR. Does anyone have this memory? Do you guys think that it will do 166 2-2-2-5?
Here is where I would buy it from.
Here is the Wintec site.
These sites look almost exactly the same.
The prices for the Samsung, Infineon, and Micron are all the same, so which would you recommend?
This is system is for a friend, and I am just looking for a 167 FSB out of the memory, and, hopefully, they will do aggressive timings.
Also, since I am only aiming for 167, should I get 2x256 to make use of the DC on the 8rda I am getting, since they are 30 each plus 6$ (maybe for each or maybe a reduced price) shipping. I know it yields from 5-15or 20% in some cases, and I know that it sometimes affects performance negatively. I am leaning towards 2x256, even if I have to bump the vdimm a bit to get 2-2-2-5.

Edit: Apparently the Micron is a few bucks cheaper than the samsung and the infineon, so I guess I will go with that.

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
Micron is a great memory maker and so is Samsung and Infineon. In fact, SDRAM and DDR-SDRAM is so common and matured now that going with the lowest price is your best bet as the quality of all the different brands are pretty well equal.:)

lemcc

Nov 25, 2000
i purchased some wintec pc3200 samsung from banana
good company
ram is not the same but it runs 2 2 2 5 @166

KingofFah

May 14, 2002
So it does not really matter if it is manufactured by someone else, just that they using micron, samsung, or infineon?

Thanks for the timings; I assume since most sticks are using the same memory, I should get 2-2-2-5 at 166.