dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Continuing the Winning the War in Iraq:

$$$$: Cost Of The War In Iraq

Lives:

1-2-2004 U.S. GI Dies As Copter Shot Down in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Insurgents shot down a U.S. helicopter west of Baghdad on Friday, killing one soldier, and U.S. forces said they came under fire with assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades as they guarded the burning aircraft.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
No disrespect to our Heroes and so sorry for the family in the loss :(

I have just switched from Negative of 2003 in that the Economy was not being handled well to it's being run great as the Govt, reports, Rush, Hannity and AT experts show as well as the War was not for Oil and WMD must have been found but I just missed that report while seeing millions of Americans find highest and plentiful jobs available than ever before. So anyway with this report changing the Title to "Winning the War in Iraq" as it is a good thing we went there and kicked Saddam's butt. Can't wait to get the next Dictator, has the next one been announced yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Are we losing this War?

Looks like may need to re-name the Thread "Losing The War in Iraq".

2 More U.S. Soldiers killed last night :(

12-29-2003 Bombs Kill 2 U.S. Soldiers in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Roadside bombs killed two U.S. soldiers and two Iraqi children in central Iraq, a day after strikes in the holy city of Karbala targeted America's coalition partners and underscored how the insurgency remains strong despite Saddam Hussein's capture.

The Karbala attacks ? multiple, coordinated strikes involving mortars, machine guns and a car bomb ? claimed six more lives Sunday, raising the death toll to 19.

12-27-2003 Massive Coordinated attack kills 13 Coalition Soldiers, injures 172

KARBALA, Iraq - Armed with car bombs, mortars and machine guns, insurgents launched three coordinated attacks in the southern city of Karbala on Saturday, killing 11 people ? including six Iraqi police officers and four coalition soldiers, military and hospital officials said. An Iraqi civilian also was killed.

The attacks also wounded at least 172 people, with U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt saying 37 of them were coalition soldiers, including five Americans. Some 135 Iraqi police officers and civilians also were wounded...

Edit: Numbers wounded, killed whatever apparently does not matter according to AT members, changed to foucus that attacks are gaining in size, scope and coordination.

Edit 2 for Gaard:
Originally posted by: Gaard
Edit: Numbers wounded, killed whatever apparently does not matter according to AT members, changed to foucus that attacks are gaining in size, scope and coordination.

Sheesh...

You took the time to add that edit to your original post and you couldn't just change "U.S." to "coalition"? God, you're such a dick Dave.
Sheesh...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Why should I care? These people are thousands of miles away, and if people die to keep me feeling safe, let them. No skin off my nose. Bush will keep this up, I will get all the gas I want, and all of Bin Ladens Saddam fighters are tied up making us safe.

Small price for someone else to pay.

Bush 2004

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
With Saddam out of the picture and the alleged masterminds rounded up I wonder how long the insurgents can sustain such attacks.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
With Saddam out of the picture and the alleged masterminds rounded up I wonder how long the insurgents can sustain such attacks.
With the French govt out of the way, how long did it take the French insurgents to surrender to Hitler?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Shut up. I'm sick of your misguided whinning.

Yes, I care that people were injured and killed. Yes, I sympathize. But you live in a fantasy world. There were hundreds of deaths from car accidents over the hollidays. Why didn't you start a thread about that? Millions of people are dying from smoking and drinking. Why aren't you posting a thread about that? Are you that cold hearted that you don't care about all these people who are dying because they use these legal products? That sounds worse than 4 people dying, doesn't it? Why do those 4 people deserve their own thread, while these other people are just tossed into a hole in the ground? Why not do something constructive with your time, and live your own life. Focus on the GOOD in the world instead of the evil. It is VERY disturbing that the news forum is filled with war crap and YOU are only adding to it. Post something good for a change.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Yes, please tell us how this administration decided to not go to war with Iraq. Tell us that Bush didnt prod nations away from us after 9/11 with his axis of evil speech (Iran in particular). Please tell me that someone sat down and looked at safety and poverty, how people here were actually living and dying, and spent a couple hundred billion dollars to address these issues. Tell me that Bush sees that the real reason we are involved in Iraq is indeed oil, not to get it, but because if the middle east were not floating on a sea of it, we would have given it exactly the same priorities as Africa. Malaria would be seen to be a bigger killer than terrorism. That to break free of the stranglehold of importance the Mid East holds over us, we would create a program of oil independence, moving to other, less politically controlled sources. That this program would rightly take on a priority at least equal to the Space Race. Tell me that we are going to do this?

You cant?

I guess that makes you a commie then.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
It is VERY disturbing that the news forum is filled with war crap
These are very disturbing times we live in Bubba. Do you suggest that we should just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that it is not?

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Are we losing this War?

12-27-2003 Massive Coordinated attack kills 4 U.S. Soldiers, injures 172

KARBALA, Iraq - Armed with car bombs, mortars and machine guns, insurgents launched three coordinated attacks in the southern city of Karbala on Saturday, killing 11 people ? including six Iraqi police officers and four coalition soldiers, military and hospital officials said. An Iraqi civilian also was killed.

The attacks also wounded at least 172 people, with U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt saying 37 of them were coalition soldiers, including five Americans. Some 135 Iraqi police officers and civilians also were wounded...
No were not losing the war. and we wont lose the war. with 100,000+ troops it will be a long time before we need to worry at the current pace. This will not end like the soviet invasion of afgahn. Citizens will grow tired of death and will want peace, and so will *some* fighters.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
What's especially interesting about the Karbala attacks is that they are in Shia territority. Are the Shiites making their move at last now that Saddam is gone?

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
These are very disturbing times we live in Bubba. Do you suggest that we should just bury our heads in the sand and pretend that it is not?
Of course not. But should it be headline news every time 4 people die? Especially when millions of others are dying as well in more tradgic circumstances? As I said, I'm not unsympatheic, but this is rediculous. Looking at the top 20 most recent posts in the news forum, only ONE is even slightly positive (Charitable giving in America). Everyone complains about how the world sucks and everyone is evil and whatnot, but there ARE GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THIS WORLD! Yes, it's TRUE! Why doesn't anyone ever post any of that stuff? Because you're all so wrapped up in hate that you ignore anything that is even slightly good. I'm sick of all this hatred. I'm sick of people like dmcowen674 and others using this war and people dying to promote their own political views. It sickens me. You people sicken me.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Of course not. But should it be headline news every time 4 people die? Especially when millions of others are dying as well in more tradgic circumstances? As I said, I'm not unsympatheic, but this is rediculous. Looking at the top 20 most recent posts in the news forum, only ONE is even slightly positive (Charitable giving in America). Everyone complains about how the world sucks and everyone is evil and whatnot, but there ARE GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THIS WORLD! Yes, it's TRUE! Why doesn't anyone ever post any of that stuff? Because you're all so wrapped up in hate that you ignore anything that is even slightly good. I'm sick of all this hatred. I'm sick of people like dmcowen674 and others using this war and people dying to promote their own political views. It sickens me. You people sicken me.
Fsck you asswipe, I'm not the one ranting and raving at others. Here's an idea, when you see a thread that bothers you refrain from posting in it, that way you won't be disturbed and we won't have to read your nonsense!

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Just as people like dmcowen674 sicken you. So does Bush sicken others. Think about that for a moment, before you start complaining about others.

Like Red Dawn said "Here's an idea, when you see a thread that bothers you refrain from posting in it, that way you won't be disturbed and we won't have to read your nonsense!"

Just walk away. It's so much simpler than wasting your time here complaining.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Why don't you spend less time complaining about all the negative threads and spend more time posting positive threads yourself? You sicken me Commander.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
you Bush haters can't even get the facts right..

did you read your own link?
Massive Coordinated attack kills 13 U.S. Soldiers, injuries 172

5 U.S. troops were "injured" no U.S. troops died, 4 Coalition troops died, the majority of the injured and dead were Iraqi's.

for heaven's sake, get your facts right before you start spouting off about what it means.
a more likely result of this act of terror against the Iraqi authorities and people, is that the local populace will be more interested in turning in and getting rid of the terrorsits and the Baathist thugs who are carring these acts out. this will help polarize the populace against the thugs, not the U.S.
at least that's my opinion after reading your link and seeing what the facts really are.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
you Bush haters can't even get the facts right..

did you read your own link?
Massive Coordinated attack kills 13 U.S. Soldiers, injuries 172

5 U.S. troops were "injured" no U.S. troops died, 4 Coalition troops died, the majority of the injured and dead were Iraqi's.

for heaven's sake, get your facts right before you start spouting off about what it means.
a more likely result of this act of terror against the Iraqi authorities and people, is that the local populace will be more interested in turning in and getting rid of the terrorsits and the Baathist thugs who are carring these acts out. this will help polarize the populace against the thugs, not the U.S.
at least that's my opinion after reading your link and seeing what the facts really are.
"In Baghdad, U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt said 37 coalition soldiers, including five Americans, were wounded."

It should be obvious I was focusing on the fact that there continues to be Coordinated Attacks and they are apparently growing in scope and size.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
A long time ? Considering that Saddam had nothing to do with the resistance I don't see why they will stop attacking our soldiers over there. In fact with Saddam out of the way I think this will make Iraqis more inclined to join the resistance since they know that Saddam will never come back to power. They'll join to fight off the invaders from their country. Nationalism will take root and spring it's bloody flowers.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
What's obvious, Dave, is that once again you've attempted to lie to/mislead AT members. Don't you ever grow tired of typing out falsehoods?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Sheesh...

You took the time to add that edit to your original post and you couldn't just change "U.S." to "coalition"? God, you're such a dick Dave.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
It should be obvious I was focusing on the fact that there continues to be Coordinated Attacks and they are apparently growing in scope and size.
Edit: Numbers wounded, killed whatever apparently does not matter according to AT members
what's obvious is that you can't get your facts right...the facts do matter..oh i forgot, liberals don't need facts to reach a conclusion..

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Edit: Numbers wounded, killed whatever apparently does not matter according to AT members
what's obvious is that you can't get your facts right...the facts do matter..oh i forgot, liberals don't need facts to reach a conclusion..
Neither do Neo-Cons? You guys gotta lot in common.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sandorski
...he says as he sits there - North of the border watching the play. :p

:beer::D

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD,
...he says as he sits there - North of the border watching the play.
He says as he sits about as far away from anywhere important as one can get.. I'm moving to DesMoines.. :D And, raise corn dogs..:)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
CAD,
...he says as he sits there - North of the border watching the play.
He says as he sits about as far away from anywhere important as one can get.. I'm moving to DesMoines.. :D And, raise corn dogs..:)
Hey - Some morons think being here is important. :p

Oh, and I'll be sure to tell those in charge - that California gets no pork and no corn next year;)

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: sandorski
...he says as he sits there - North of the border watching the play. :p

:beer::D

CkG
Yup, watching, observing, seeing. ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY