Windows XP Update Scan Shows No SP2 Install

pookie69

Apr 16, 2004
Hi guys. I'm just a little confused here as to what is going on with my winxp.

I have automatic updates turned on, yet have never been prompted to install SP2. I just ran an update scan now and no updates were found.

Also in control panel's add/remove panel, alotta the windows hotfixes have (SP2) at the end of them.

Have i somehow installed SP2 without knowing it or what?! "My computer"'s property panel still says im running Windows XP SP1.

Really flippin confused here. :confused:

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
You won't have SP2 yet, unless you've downloaded the Network Install from Microsoft's site. However, some of the pre-SP2 patches will show as "...SP2" on Add/Remove Programs.
If you have XP Pro, you'll have to wait a while for SP2 to be delivered through Automatic Updates. XP Home users are close to getting it, if not already.
However, you can short-circuit the process at Microsoft's Downloads section, and get all 266Mb of SP2 right now.

pookie69

Apr 16, 2004
Originally posted by: DopeFiend
You won't have SP2 yet, unless you've downloaded the Network Install from Microsoft's site. However, some of the pre-SP2 patches will show as "...SP2" on Add/Remove Programs.
If you have XP Pro, you'll have to wait a while for SP2 to be delivered through Automatic Updates. XP Home users are close to getting it, if not already.
However, you can short-circuit the process at Microsoft's Downloads section, and get all 266Mb of SP2 right now.

Cool - thx very much for clearing that up. I thought SP2 would already be available through auto updates - silly pookie :eek: