Windows XP SP2 How to remove

Zorro

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
how the hell do you remove Windows xp sp RC1 Downloaded from the public windows site. And it causing havoc..

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
You did know the risk of the beta, right? Please don't say Microsoft skrewed you over if you can't uninstall it

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
hmm.. then I guess try to install it again, and hope it gives you the option to remove

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
ok there's only one way to do it... turn your computer on, boot into windows... take off the panels of your case, and you see that big fan spinning on top of your motherboard... stick your finger into that for about 10 minutes.

Bill

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
it asks you when you want to install the service pack if you wish to archive the existing files... if you did, go into that and restore the archived files... if you chose not to do the archive, format and re-install if you don't want sp2 :)

AIWGuru

Banned
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: CraigRT
it asks you when you want to install the service pack if you wish to archive the existing files... if you did, go into that and restore the archived files... if you chose not to do the archive, format and re-install if you don't want sp2 :)

Actually RC1 doesn't give you the option. It's greyed out. It archives no matter what.
I'm not having any trouble with the SP. It's been awesome and I love the popup blocker. Also the bug on desktop folders sometimes becoming "locked" until you reboot which has been around since 2001 seems to be have been solved.
Anyway, I've heard of people being able to uninstall without any trouble.
Good luck.