windows xp desktop icons

raftman

Aug 1, 2000
I'm new to windows xp and have a basic question. not all of the icons in my desktop folder are actually displayed on the desktop. for example, the my computer icon is not displayed on the desktop. do you know what setting i need to change?

thanks a lot,
raftman

KingofFah

May 14, 2002
if i remember correctly, you right click on the taskbar and click properties then change it to the one that looks like win98. about 5 mins of messing around with xp the first time i used it, and I got it off that "cartoon" look.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
If I understood you correctly, it seems like you want to keep the luna interface (Windows XP look) but want the old icons back. What you do is right-click on the desktop, go to properties. Then click on the tab "Desktop", then the button "Customize Desktop...". Now under the "General" tab you will see check boxes with the names "My Documents", "My Computer", "My Network Places", and "Internet Explorer". Now all you need to do is put a check next to the ones you want to have appear. Then OK you way out of the dialogs, and voila, instant gratification.