Windows users, do you use sounds?

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000
Personally, one of the first things I do is disable all sounds when I do a fresh install of Windows. I especially hate the one that clicks every time you click something in Internet Explorer.. and the other sounds seem to get just as annoying after a while. Do you have any sounds enabled?

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
sometimes mine work, sometimes they dont. i think i may have disabled the service that activates em, cause i havent heard em in awhile.

Ciber

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2000
I disable ALL sounds and also disable all prompts and the recycle bin.(basically i click on something and press delete on my keyboard and its instantly deleted, no prompt and it doesnt go to the trashcan, it's just GONE.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I usually keep the speakers turned off or muted. I forget that the computer makes any noises besides modem handshaking/dialing.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: BigDan
I usually keep the speakers turned off or muted. I forget that the computer makes any noises besides modem handshaking/dialing.

meh, broadband :D

and even cooler thing, i'm nowhere near the broadband modem. :D

BigJimbo

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2002
the best is when you make your own sounds with a mic and embed them in your buddies pc that way he has to go find where the strange logon noises are comming from

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Just standard. I usually turn the speakers off unless I am in need of audio at that particular time.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Majority of the time I'm online I have my speakers off or everything on mute lol.

I hate listening to Winamp and then out of nowhere I hear this loud ass door closing sound from AIM.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Majority of the time I'm online I have my speakers off or everything on mute lol.

I hate listening to Winamp and then out of nowhere I hear this loud ass door closing sound from AIM.

but the llama ass whipping thing is so funny.

Nithin

Dec 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Ciber
I disable ALL sounds and also disable all prompts and the recycle bin.(basically i click on something and press delete on my keyboard and its instantly deleted, no prompt and it doesnt go to the trashcan, it's just GONE.

thats how i like it too. also i have aliased rm to 'rm -rf' :)

spidey

Jul 17, 2002
I leave Bender's 'Bite My Shiny Metal Ass' as Windows Startup, and the Recycle Bin 'whoosh' sound. Everything else goes.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: her209
I use a female voice that b1tches at me what the fvck I am doing wrong.

i didn't know you had a girlfriend