Windows Update Problems

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So at work there was an update last night and this morning a lot of critical services cant be accessed due to a requirement for a security certificate.

Beware of the current update!

Using OS Windows 7.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
So at work there was an update last night and this morning a lot of critical services cant be accessed due to a requirement for a security certificate.

Using OS Windows 7.

We've explored this to a considerable degree in some other fresh threads. And I agree: Win 7 Windows Update has become "problematical."

The answer you seek -- if that's the meaning of your post -- is in those threads.

There are two KB update files that need to be downloaded directly from the MS web site. Don't know the exact file-names, but you want to install the KB______612 file first. I think that's the update to Windows Update Client.

After that, install the KB______739 file, also downloaded directly and then run locally to install.

After that, be patient while Update "checks for updates." don't interrupt it.

If it takes more than a few hours (at most!), you might still have a problem. But give it time.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002

Using OS Windows 7.

What update? Thanks for the warning, I guess, but you aren't even telling is what this "current" update is. I have a few Windows 7 machines, and none of them have run into such an error.

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
What update? Thanks for the warning, I guess, but you aren't even telling is what this "current" update is. I have a few Windows 7 machines, and none of them have run into such an error.

I feel the same. :eek: - :eek: - :(.

The number of computers and the wide variety of tasks that are Used by me are by far supersede many of our friends here.

There were always complaints that use to make me puzzled, but in the passing year these amount of complains (with almost No real background info) got to a level that I start to doubt what is going on these days with what are "so called" Computers' Enthusiasts.

:cool:

Last edited:

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I feel the same. :eek: - :eek: - :(.

The number of computers and the wide variety of tasks that are Used by me are by far supersede many of our friends here.

There were always complaints that use to make me puzzled, but in the passing year these amount of complains (with almost No real background info) got to a level that I start to doubt what is going on these days with what are "so called" Computers' Enthusiasts.

:cool:

I just assumed he was a noob-"enthusiast" who experienced the recent spate of WU problems. Posts on other forums came up in my web-searches going back to last November. If the number of similar problems among these posts I found were a sample -- block sample over time -- it says to me that M$ stumbled on their recent Win 7 support. Convenient, since we're approaching the end of the free-upgrade option with a year's availability.

I don't have computers in dozens, but the 5 or 6 in the house must run flawlessly. We have licensed W7 installs made 5 years ago, some within the last two years. There had never been a "Windows Update" problem all that time. Suddenly, I have problems with two of my systems.