Windows time problem

AssistantPimp

Jun 11, 2006
Hi, I have problem with time on my Windows 7 64bit, constantly out of sync, going too fast, now can't even update cause of error: "An error occurred getting the status of the last synchronization. Access is denied."
On w32tm /resync again error: "Access is denied."
I'm tired of googling, don't know what to do anymore.

EDIT: Wrong forum, please lock or swap to operating systems.

Last edited:

Bubbaleone

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2011
Three suggestions: replace the CMOS battery, go into BIOS and set correct time and date, synchronize with one of the nist.gov time servers.

AssistantPimp

Jun 11, 2006
CMOS battery will be final solution if nothing else will work. I'll try to set time in bios, but sync in Windows doesn't work.

scragnoff

Feb 7, 2013
www.logicalincrements.com
Hi AssistantPimp! (sounds wierd, lol!)

I found this on the Microsoft forum, posted by a user with the name Narad:
At the elevated command prompt (with administrator privileges), type the following command

1. Type "w32tm /debug /disable" and press 'Enter' (net stop w32time gave an Error 5 Access denied response!)

2. Type "w32tm /unregister" and press 'Enter' (without using the first command the second did not work!)

you should get the response " W32Time successfully unregistered"

3. Type "w32tm /register" and press 'Enter'

you should get the response "W32Time successfully registered"

4. Type "net start w32time" and press 'Enter'

you should get the response "The windows Time Service is starting. The windows time service was started successfully"

Hope that helps!

AssistantPimp

Jun 11, 2006
Hi AssistantPimp! (sounds wierd, lol!)

Yeah. :D

I found this on the Microsoft forum, posted by a user with the name Narad:

Quote:

At the elevated command prompt (with administrator privileges), type the following command

1. Type "w32tm /debug /disable" and press 'Enter' (net stop w32time gave an Error 5 Access denied response!)

2. Type "w32tm /unregister" and press 'Enter' (without using the first command the second did not work!)

you should get the response " W32Time successfully unregistered"

3. Type "w32tm /register" and press 'Enter'

you should get the response "W32Time successfully registered"

4. Type "net start w32time" and press 'Enter'

you should get the response "The windows Time Service is starting. The windows time service was started successfully"

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply.
I did that, now everything is fine but clock is still running like crazy. After few minutes, already 7 seconds ahead.

Last edited: