Windows Themes

Xenon14

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm bored with my standard win2k theme and I can't seem to find any good theme sites for windows. A little help? Thanks.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Don't do it!! You'll lose your nice, clean, fast display characteristics just to have a pretty looking, but buggy, slow, and performance hogging display running all the time - not worth it!

Also, don't switch to XP, which is even dumber - pretty colors and displays aren't worth the performance hit....stick with Win2k.

Or you could always get a Mac; Motto: We market our computers and operating systems to have pretty colors in order to appeal to women and children. Performance doesn't matter to us.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: billgates380
Don't do it!! You'll lose your nice, clean, fast display characteristics just to have a pretty looking, but buggy, slow, and performance hogging display running all the time - not worth it!

Also, don't switch to XP, which is even dumber - pretty colors and displays aren't worth the performance hit....stick with Win2k.

Or you could always get a Mac; Motto: We market our computers and operating systems to have pretty colors in order to appeal to women and children. Performance doesn't matter to us.

LOOK!!!! More FUD from billgates!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not an issue w/ fast processor and lots of RAM. My LOTR theme for WinXP rocks!

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: RGN

LOOK!!!! More FUD from billgates!

What's FUD?

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I have a theme with XP and I haven't noticed any slowdown or performance problems and I only have an 800MHz processor...

laFiera

May 12, 2001
i was sticking to win2k for a while, gave xp a try, and just the loading up takes a lot less time than win2k...enough for me to stop using 2k; havent seen any other performance issue...

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000

What's FUD?

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. A geek term for mis-information.

Let me enlighten you. WindowsXP does have the pretty looking interface, commonly known as Luna. It can be completely customized from full blown Luna bedazzlement right down to the same interface as Win2k. All the "enhancments" can be turned off.

By doing about 5 minutes worth of OS tweeking, your system is really faster than it would be with Win2k. XP really is what 2K should have been (with a few MS twists through in). You really do get enhanced usibility through the interface, driver support and OS optimizations.

OS X is a very nice interface. It scales from the complete computer moron to the 7337 h4x0r. Apple themselves said that they were focusing on reliability and interface before performance. 10.2 takes that to reality. You said (in think it was you) in another thread that you haven't used the OS, so please keep you comments to yourself.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
I always thought FUD stood for "Fvcked Up Data"

hahah

I guess it still works.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Colt45
I always thought FUD stood for "Fvcked Up Data"

hahah

I guess it still works.

hahaha! I never heard that before. :D

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

Actually, XP is faster then WIn2K (bootup, disk access, or in any normal use). And I only have an Athlon 650.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

uhhhh, whatever.

wolf550e

Golden Member
May 22, 2000
about FUD

XP is good, it can be easilly tweax3d into 1337 fast/ugly mode. do not use the themes, or you shall have to wait an extra 1 second for every 1000000 mouse clicks on you uber overclocked rigs! ;)